Game Thread Grand Mini Mafia V - Game Thread

Why the little work then?
That's rich.
All you did on me was a vote based on a feeling and when I did respond to your tiny pole, you just cowered down. Is this how we should treat Mafia, oh no, just let them be. And certainly you are not saying that you spent the entire day on getting attached to my fluff so much that you forgot that there are 8 other people (that you mentioned) instead that could be Mafia?
If it's generally accepted here to think coasting can be scummy, you can bet that I think that doing it deliberately looks extremely scummy to me. A vote "based on a feeling" my ass.

That's rich.

If it's generally accepted here to think coasting can be scummy, you can bet that I think that doing it deliberately looks extremely scummy to me. A vote "based on a feeling" my ass.

Still waiting for an actual argument.

-Catalina from beyond the time.

That's rich.

Let's be serious. That's rich is you just deflecting. And the rest is you sidestepping the issue that you, seemingly, did nothing during D1.

The irony in you voting me for "why the little work then" is too much for me to take this seriously. That's just trolling at this point.

Your entire argument boils down to "but why did you focus on meeeee" and it's not a good look.

And acting like I only looked at you is dishonest. I already said that I was aware you werent gonna lynched yesterday and looked at the people leading in the votes and whether I was gonna vote there or not.

Asuka said:
Also, for everyone voting Carl, if he is scum then Tommy is the other scum. That's the only way those votes make sense because Carl never took the easy boost vote on Carl to tip him over Ken which solves
most of the scum team's issue earlier. The only reason a scum Carl doesn't do that is if Tommy is scum too.
The issue with that though is roleblocker is the strongest mafia role in this set up and voting Tommy, who would either be a goon or a godfather, would be better than losing Ken to a day 1 vote.
Put me in the team who disagrees with this take (if there is one), I don't think it's unreasonable to imagine that Carl and scum-mate saw there was an appetite for a Michael exclusion and hedged their bets (especially when Ken was going to be a prime chopping block target the next day regardless), thinking a new player could be saved for later (by either pocketing them or through a ME).

This also only seems to serve the purpose of soft-discouraging a Carl exclusion for both Tommy and me (as I've said I currently lean town on him), I find that this kind of post is generally saved for when we know one of their alignments to help us get a read on the other

mom i cannot be bothered to play this game i chose to play :(

I rate this deflection 0/10. Dishonest, said the guy saying he did nothing but ride the tide.

"But why didn't you try to discuss Claude? Why didn't you? I know you specifically tried to do so with me, and I just ignored it, but that's your fault for not pressing hard enough!"

I'm deflecting? You're deflecting your unwillingness to actually engage on other people.

And now that you're a bit on the heat seat you're defending with ludicrously bad arguments. I know where my vote goes.

VOTE: Catalina

giphy.gif

Put me in the team who disagrees with this take (if there is one), I don't think it's unreasonable to imagine that Carl and scum-mate saw there was an appetite for a Michael exclusion and hedged their bets (especially when Ken was going to be a prime chopping block target the next day regardless), thinking a new player could be saved for later (by either pocketing them or through a ME).

This also only seems to serve the purpose of soft-discouraging a Carl exclusion for both Tommy and me (as I've said I currently lean town on him), I find that this kind of post is generally saved for when we know one of their alignments to help us get a read on the other
I found the take pretty interesting and am definitely not in agreement with it because, even though I have Tommy as a light suspect, I am leaning more towards newbie Town than newbie Scum currently.

TommyV said:
Just to try and keep our eyes on every possible angle and go for big hypotheticals...Is there a point in time where Michael is a guaranteed enough kill
for Day 1 that scum would hide their votes in Ken because they knew they knew he was safe, and they could use him as a blanket? "See, I voted for Ken!" If I were scum, I would do something like this,
especially if I saw how the tides were going, and/or if I knew I had other scum to finish pushing Michael over the edge. In this case, that would be: TommyV and Roman.
Both of you could have technically done it, with scum you being afraid of appearing scummy by switching votes too late (especially if you are indeed a new player) and Roman having just go their at the end hasn't had the time to read the thread or put down reasoning and chose through 'luck' to put their vote on scum. But this is very much WIFOM so I'm not willing to consider it as a scummy move but I wouldn't give Roman town points for it.

TommyV said:
For those on the fence about me, I'm not sure if this will sway you much, but Ken got a little snippy with me because I called him out for hardly making posts.
You'd think that is something I'd be yelling at him behind-the-scenes about. Of course, this could be a smoke screen, or we could just be a terrible team.
But I was genuinely frustrated someone might absorb all the votes and let real scum slide because he wouldn't defend himself. Luckily enough,
it was his act of defending himself afterwards (by getting snippy) that cemented it for me that he was scum, along with his vote against me then quick flip to Michael.
Ken's attitude was very much his modus operandi so I don't think this can be used as a defence, if it was it would green check faaaaaaaaaaaar too many players (including me :3)

This also applies to your starting point of a reads list (especially given I imagine at least one scum is on that roster)

I think you're missing a middle ground. I am suspicious of you, I did push you, but I am not actively pushing you at the moment (outside of my vote, which I guess you can count as a push). You are still my top pick, but I like all your responses so far. You can just be an even-keeled, logical person who handles pressure well and still be scum though. However, I want to point out that since my immediate drop on you beginning of Day 2, I have been looking down other avenues as well. I think it's important to not get tunnel-vision on you, which is why I've questioned Catalina (who I feel comfortable with now) and Claude (who I'm also more comfortable with, but still not 100%). I've since started going down other avenues as well. Even with you as my top pick, I do not want to start a train on you, because that makes it too easy for scum to hop on board and hide amongst the townies. If people are going to vote scum on you, I want it to be because they believe it, and not because they are just following a wave.
I like this and I'll take it into consideration.

I wish I could.

I think I would my game would be served better with an earlier vote rather than a later one.

I'm one of those guys that like to go to every single store before making up my mind on what to buy... so that's why I tend to vote so late. But that has come back and bitten me in the ass numerous times.

I like what Asuka has posted today (hasn't completely absolved me, but she's reasoning it out and not going for a straight condemnation like others).

Catalina, you're giving me a hard time. I agree with what has been said about your Michael vote. But the fact that you don't have a vote on me means that you're not completely dismissive of my explanation. I hope you keep an open mind. That's why I'm not voting for you right now.

It was mostly how he jumped on the Michael train. Lance was town. I know I'm town. The next two votes tend to be scum, to solidify the train: Ken and Asuka.

But I've since changed my mind, like i mentioned earlier in this post. I'm now leaning town on him.

I'm okay with a TommyV vote. You were the first vote on me, but I'm leaning town on you, so I understand that you are suspicious. I know I would be.

But Tommy came in hard after that, and I don't have a good read on him in general. I think he felt he came close to getting lynched on the previous day and wants to quickly set up someone to lynch on D2 before eyes turn back to him. I'am also suspicious of Huang because the third vote is the one that tries to solidify a train going. I'd also be suspicious of whoever votes after Huang.

So, let me put this in here right now, with the caveat that it's not set in stone and I am willing to change my mind - hopefully not at the last minute.

VOTE: TommyV

Didn’t move the needle enough for me yet but yikes at liking my posts because I’m not scum reading you. That matches your style thus far though so I don’t even feel that offended.

I don’t understand the second paragraph when you say a “Carl Exclusion” but I do have more posts on this topic that explain why I’m linking the two and why I think the link only runs one ways.

I also don’t know what to make of that Claude/Catalina fight. It feels like there are so many feints in there that neither of you are even taking the conversation seriously.

Given I was already making a reads list Catalina's comment is a little spooky, hopefully she can quell my fears by doing the same (for help on my list the higher they are the more I town read them)

Towny:
Trevor (Definitely has put himself in the town leader spot and so far I haven't found him to be insincere, I also tend to agree with what he's been saying)

TommyV (I get new town vibes from him and I don't think day end was scum v scum, he also seems to be actually trying to solve the game this phase)

Franklin (I liked his vote on Carl and have enjoyed his participation this day, if Carl is scum it pretty much green checks him in my mind right now, if he isn't that would put him back to a null read)

Null:
Asuka (He's given me nothing I find particularly suspicious and while I don't necessarily agree with the arguments he's putting forth I think they're meant to create actual discussion and I get town vibes from that)

Catalina (I town read her on day 1 and so while I haven't enjoyed her performance this phase she's a town-null for me, I'm getting town v scum vibes from her fight with Claude so if he turns out to be town I'd start suspecting her a whole lot more)

Roman (Hasn't given me much of anything to go on tbh but he's a replacement so a totally ok null read from me)

Niko (Carl called his posts reasonable and I completely agree, but that just gives me bad vibes, did have a vote on Ken but I'd put him as my most likely bussing contender)

Scummy:
Claude (I find him pretty coasty and am just getting scummy vibes, I should probably do an ISO on him as I don't have that much to go on)

Carl (I've noted my reasons before and while I'm feeling better about him as the day goes on but a lot of that is down to self pity vibes, which isn't enough to make him not my recommended target)

--------------------------
So my priority when choosing who to exclude would be Carl -> Claude -> Niko

Asuka said:
I don’t understand the second paragraph when you say a “Carl Exclusion”
Exclusion is the word some people are using instead of lynch, ME means misexclude ect (they're currently using it in 999 mafia)

I'm going to be out most of this evening, but may have mobile access. @ me if you think you need me, but otherwise, I'll catch up when I can. In the current argument, I lean towards Claude's side slightly more, but it may be bias from D1 scum read of Catalina. Hopefully something changes there.

Do people here want to use exclude instead of lynch? I'm sure I'll slip up occasionally, but don't mind trying.
In the Space Mafia I have in my mind, I'll use "jettison" instead of lynch.

I'm okay with exclude or lynch, but I'll probably slip up and say lynch sometimes... and there's no edit button, so forgive me.

Claude/Catalina feels like a random bit of nothing to me. I don't think it changes my reads on either of them. I can still see a Scum-Claude, but it would be one who was fine getting into a fight with his scum partner at EoD when votes were still in the air, and I'm not sure about that. Catalina is one of my stronger town reads, she's explaining her thoughts in the thread (albeit in her own unique way) and although the attitude might rub some people the wrong way, attitude is not indicative of alignment.

-------------

As for the side topic on what word to use, I'm fine with any alternatives to the normal one. I've generally been trying to say things like "take out", "vote out", things like that since it still gets the point across. Exclusion is decent, and I've gotten somewhat used to that while checking in on the 999 game, so I could see myself getting used to that.

Eh, just my take. Main point is I'm not really coming to any different conclusions here based on their interaction.

I also don’t know what to make of that Claude/Catalina fight. It feels like there are so many feints in there that neither of you are even taking the conversation seriously.

I like them records so I'll mention that I was serious as well.

So currently I'm leaning:

Scum:
Catalina - I think I've been clear on why. Actively made posts that expressed unwillingness to do scumhunting herself, ignored prodding her for it, and is doing a 180 now that I'm not the only one willing to vote there and is defending with bad arguments. Also on the Michael vote once it got going.

Scum Lean:
Carl - Mainly because of his defense of Ken on D1. He voted Michael too, but relatively early. I can see townCarl thinking it's worth to vote there and not expecting that many others to also vote there. I'm also not scumreading most of his posts. The weirdly insistent Ken defense is the main point pushing this to a scum lean.

Unsure:
Trevor - I can't find a fault with most of his posts, he seems to be generally doing good scumhunting. There's the occasional odd one out that I disagree with like just now, but nothing major. A bit wary of him since he seems to be going for a town leader position and that can be good, but it can also turn pretty bad if he's doing it successfully as scum. Also expressed willingness to vote Michael early, but only waited to vote there until later, not sure what I think of that. Generally someone I want to look out for in the future, but who can be a good asset if he's town.

Town Lean:
Asuka - Generally doing good scumhunting and pointing out things about posts that I don't see at first glance, which is quite helpful. Find myself agreeing most of the time.

The rest I don't have particularly strong feelings on right now.

← 100% seriousness.

I like them records so I'll mention that I was serious as well.

I might not have been super clear on what I meant so just to break it down further. I think one or both of you could have been serious in that little tiff, but at the end, all I feel is that you talked past each other for most of it and it could have been artificial very easily so, like Trevor, it changed nothing for me on either of you.

I might not have been super clear on what I meant so just to break it down further. I think one or both of you could have been serious in that little tiff, but at the end, all I feel is that you talked past each other for most of it and it could have been artificial very easily so, like Trevor, it changed nothing for me on either of you.

That we did. Should be obvious who I think was to blame.

@Roman

What are your reads looking like at this stage now? Any comments on the current events? I feel like I know where everyone else is standing here pretty well but you.

Maybe tag @Niko for some reads as well, unless I missed them earlier.

"On the topic of the new word for execution, I've always just said Vote. Who would I vote for? Who would I vote off? It's worked for shows like Survivor. It's like we're voting for someone to leave our little island of crime."

I try to hide my phone screen from the others. I don't want them to know I'm putting too much effort into a game that's supposed to run idle, without your input. I could not find the prupose of such a game. And yet, I was hooked.

"As for my reads, Trevor... Well. I'll write them all down for you. Give me a moment."

For a few moments, my pen scratched against the table as everyone shifted uncomfortably, waiting for me to finish. I was a delicate writer. It took me a lot of time to figure out what I was writing, so this moment drew out much, much longer than it should have. I chanced a glance at my companion's faces every now and then. I had to stop Claude from peeking over my shoulder. Roman was giving me weird looks. I mean, sure, he was my cousin. He expected me to be favourable because of our relationship. However, that wasn't the kind of person I was. I was cold. Hard. Honest. To a fault. When it suited me.

TOWN:
Trevor???
Huang?????? (I'm feeling much better after the results of the poking and prodding)
NULL:
Claude
SCUM:
Catalina
Asuka
Carl

I reach over and edit Roman into the "Null" section, lower than Claude bcause it's more of a soft scum lean than a null lean.

TOWN:
Trevor???
Huang?????? (I'm feeling much better after the results of the poking and prodding)
NULL:
Claude
SCUM:
Catalina
Asuka
Carl
Do you think you could expand on that Asuka read a bit? Anything in particular sticking out?

Do you think you could expand on that Asuka read a bit? Anything in particular sticking out?

Aha. A probe for further information. Of course, that only made sense in this twisted game of ours.

"Something about the style of their participation, both D1 and D2, has been bugging me. It's a very hit-and-run style of play. There's something off about the tone of their engagement. I don't have anything too specific to put my finger on, however."

Aha. A probe for further information. Of course, that only made sense in this twisted game of ours.

"Something about the style of their participation, both D1 and D2, has been bugging me. It's a very hit-and-run style of play. There's something off about the tone of their engagement. I don't have anything too specific to put my finger on, however."
Thank you.

I must also point out, of course, that you did not include either Tommy or Franklin in there. No thoughts on them?

Ok, so your Scum list has Catalina, Asuka, Carl, and Tommy. Is there an order to that? One you want to see today over the others?

I gesture over at Tommy with a grunt. I still didn't like his entrance. And the current participation isn't sitting well with me either. I've been in situations before where Town almost lynched scum on D1 but didn't, and I want to see how this pans out, because it could blow the game wide open if Tommy was scum...

Oh wait, I might have misread that, you're talking about Ken there, I thought you were talking about Tommy almost getting taken out on D1. My bad haha.

Oh wait, I might have misread that, you're talking about Ken there, I thought you were talking about Tommy almost getting taken out on D1. My bad haha.

"Nope, I mean a game before this. A game before this where there were two scum on the chopping block and they deflected to a third target."

"Nope, I mean a game before this. A game before this where there were two scum on the chopping block and they deflected to a third target."

Ah, ok then. So who would the third be in this world, or have you not thought that out yet? Asuka has a possible Carl + Tommy pairing based on this idea I believe, are you going down that road too?

Sorry for just kind of grilling you with a bunch of questions by the way. No one else is playing though, and like I said, I kind of wanted to get some good reads out of both you and Roman here.

That reads list feels very cobbled together. I don't see Niko linked to Ken at this point but that felt like a lazy attempt at answering the question.

@Asuka What are your current reads, if you have the time to write them down? I see you pointing out things I agree with every now and then, but I'm not completely sure how you stand on many people here.

Again, people, please see how I got to my Michael vote. It wasn’t to protect Ken or Tommy. I made it very clear my reasoning for the vote, no matter how flawed it turned out to be.

I thought that the whole Ken/Tommy was noise - I certainly wasn’t the only one!

I agreed with Franklin’s view that scum was probably okay with either a Ken or Tommy exclusion because there didn’t appear to be movement anywhere else.

I latched on to Michel’s comment trying to fish some information from Lance regarding the new players.

There was already a vote on Michael by Lance, so I decided to put my vote there.

I did not expect to get a train going. You can tell by my statement saying that I was willing to change my vote to break a Ken/Tommy tie when the majority of votes were already on Michael by then.

I know that excluding a townie today might not be so bad because of maths, but I am town and I am trying to win this as much as the rest of you townies.

That my comments appear to protect Ken is just unfortunate, but that’s all it was... bad luck on my part.

Please look at those actively pushing to get me excluded. I swear that’s where you’ll find scum.

Please look at those actively pushing to get me excluded. I swear that’s where you’ll find scum.
Who would you put in this category? Just Tommy? I mean, as far as I can tell, most of the room is Scum reading you in some way. Some players don't have votes on you, but have expressed interest in it still.

If you’re town and you voted for Michael, you made the same mistake as I did. Please don’t exclude me for this.

If you’re town and you voted for Michael, you made the same mistake as I did. Please don’t exclude me for this.
It's not just because you voted for Michael. You also never expressed interest in a Ken vote during the day, and definitely soft defended him at times, which have all been brought up. That sets you apart from other Michael voters to me.

Who would you put in this category? Just Tommy? I mean, as far as I can tell, most of the room is Scum reading you in some way. Some players don't have votes on you, but have expressed interest in it still.
I’m torn about naming names cause I don’t want more votes on me right now. Someone might think, “oh, you think I’m scum, here’s a vote on you”.

I’ve kinda implied some names in my previous posts, but I don’t want to get turbo’d while I’m asleep and without a chance to defend myself one last time.

It's not just because you voted for Michael. You also never expressed interest in a Ken vote during the day, and definitely soft defended him at times, which have all been brought up. That sets you apart from other Michael voters to me.
But that was just bad luck. I’ve never played scum, but if i did, I wouldn’t openly defend a team mate to save his hide.

I’m torn about naming names cause I don’t want more votes on me right now. Someone might think, “oh, you think I’m scum, here’s a vote on you”.

I’ve kinda implied some names in my previous posts, but I don’t want to get turbo’d while I’m asleep and without a chance to defend myself one last time.
As I said, most of the room believes you are Scum at this point anyways, I don't think you have anything to fear from naming people you think are Scum. That's what the rest of us are doing when we make read lists after all.

I don't think you need to worry about being turbo'd while asleep. People are already refraining from voting you because this is a small game and the majority is low.

Without specific elaboration on who you mean and why this just reads like you think they're scum because they're voting you.

If we're wrong and you have genuine arguments against some people who are voting you, just say who you mean and why. Chances that you get turboed aren't high, and being awfully concerned about it just reads extremely self-preservational to me.

UOTE="Niko, post: 55970, member: 278"]I gesture over at Tommy with a grunt. I still didn't like his entrance. And the current participation isn't sitting well with me either. I've been in situations before where Town almost lynched scum on D1 but didn't, and I want to see how this pans out, because it could blow the game wide open if Tommy was scum...[/QUOTE]Can you elaborate on the current participation? I would never judge someone as scum for seeing me as scum if I can follow their reasoning. We're so many posts past all of our entrances, with so much more meat in here and information to unpack, that I'd be suspicious of anyone judging me on that alone. However, you do mention participation, so I'd like to hear it. I want to make sure that if I do get excluded by any scum that they've had to voice their opinions about me strongly enough (or weakly enough) that I can be avenged by other townies if they go back and review after I'm gone.

Definitely throw out names. We need all the help we can get, and if you're a townie, you can only help. Even if you don't convince the room, you're excluded, and we find out you're a townie? Well, you've got your thoughts out there that we can go back and look at in a possible new light. Our mistake can still turn positive as long as we can take something away from your death.

@Asuka What are your current reads, if you have the time to write them down? I see you pointing out things I agree with every now and then, but I'm not completely sure how you stand on many people here.

High levels reads, I suspect Catalina > Tommy > Trevor. Trevor is the only one in there I haven't talked about yet. That's mostly a conspiracy at this point. I see some of the tell tale signs of fake town leader but not enough for me to push it over more obvious suspects.

I think Huang and Franklin are town. Talked about Huang already. Franklin is mostly because I've like pretty much all of his posts.

To be honest past that, I'm middling on the rest, you especially are a complete blind spot to me at this point.

Sorry in between a lot of stuff right now so had that sitting in my post box for awhile, Carl being so worried is odd. Are you trying to play up as a newbie Carl?

High levels reads, I suspect Catalina > Tommy > Trevor. Trevor is the only one in there I haven't talked about yet. That's mostly a conspiracy at this point. I see some of the tell tale signs of fake town leader but not enough for me to push it over more obvious suspects.

I think Huang and Franklin are town. Talked about Huang already. Franklin is mostly because I've like pretty much all of his posts.

To be honest past that, I'm middling on the rest, you especially are a complete blind spot to me at this point.
Pretty much agreed on the Trevor and Franklin part, though in case of Trevor I don't think I'm very prone to see such signs, so it's mostly just a feeling that it could be possible, but not major.

What would be your reasons for scumreading Tommy at this stage? He was in the running yesterday for a time, but I've seen people change their stance and like his posts today a bit more.

Trevor is the only one in there I haven't talked about yet. That's mostly a conspiracy at this point. I see some of the tell tale signs of fake town leader but not enough for me to push it over more obvious suspects.
You wish.

giphy.gif

What is your take on Carl though? You've connected him to Tommy, but said we should go Tommy first, right? I think you had a post saying that somewhere.

What is your take on Carl though? You've connected him to Tommy, but said we should go Tommy first, right? I think you had a post saying that somewhere.
Here is what she had on me in connection with Carl:

Also, for everyone voting Carl, if he is scum then Tommy is the other scum. That's the only way those votes make sense because Carl never took the easy boost vote on Carl to tip him over Ken which solves most of the scum team's issue earlier. The only reason a scum Carl doesn't do that is if Tommy is scum too. The issue with that though is roleblocker is the strongest mafia role in this set up and voting Tommy, who would either be a goon or a godfather, would be better than losing Ken to a day 1 vote.
Ok now that I'm done with my work. Yes, what Carl says above is what I was talking about @TommyV . Basically, scum Carl should always vote for you closer to mid day or if he's feeling frisky, he busses Ken. Neither happened there and instead he didn't get onto a wagon until Michael was starting to develop. I'm not sure I even buy Carl as scum because I think Catalina is one of the remaining but if it turns out he is then you have a high likelihood of being scum as well.

Here is what she had on me in connection with Carl:
Yes, thanks. This was the other post I was thinking of, where he said he wanted you first:
Also, let’s be clear here, I brought up Carl specifically because he got a lot of traction out the gate today, I think Tommy is the better first lynch if people want to go down that rabbit hole because there was a lot of weirdness around why no one pushed Tommy further. To my point, I think scum Carl means scum Tommy but scum Tommy doesn’t necessarily mean scum Carl. A few people could be partnered with Tommy, you included.

Pretty much agreed on the Trevor and Franklin part, though in case of Trevor I don't think I'm very prone to see such signs, so it's mostly just a feeling that it could be possible, but not major.

What would be your reasons for scumreading Tommy at this stage? He was in the running yesterday for a time, but I've seen people change their stance and like his posts today a bit more.

Same reason I've been saying all day, no one pushed Tommy over Ken when there was plenty of opportunity.

Same reason I've been saying all day, no one pushed Tommy over Ken when there was plenty of opportunity.
I've considered that the room may have been reading Tommy as more of a newb than some of the others on D1, which may have caused people to be wary about voting there in general. Just a thought though, since I know that's why I kind of stopped scum reading him after a while.

I could be wrong, but if I were in other people's shoes...I would've pushed for Ken over myself not because I thought TommyV wasn't a good choice, but simply because Ken stood out that much more. With Ken gone now, I can see how my Day 1 activities early on come off as suspicious. I'm a goofy personality in general, and genuinely thought a costume mafia involved role-playing. Then I got in this weird spot of one foot in and one foot out, then finally pulled myself out. In the early stages of Day 1, I was truly confused why people would be on me so much for being goofy with the punch jokes. During night while I was re-reading every post in order to scrutinize potential scum with the assumption that Ken was scum, I came to realize how every little thing we write really can be important, and that I should knock off the silly.

And when I say one foot in and one foot out...I mean in terms of deciding whether I should keep role-playing. I was half-and-half for a bit before cutting it out completely. Although I won't lie...I'm a little sad about it.

OKay, finally home and settled and actually able to play properly.

Some general thoughts,

Im pretty down for a Carl lynch, im still kinda foggy on the later events of D1 (im gonna go over pretty much all of it again soonish) which seem to be the of the push against him but his defense of it all today has been lacking, feeling more like a meek acceptance of the inevitable than a real push against town making a mistake.

I mentioned yesterday that Trevor had seemed to have been belligerently pushing themselves into a leadership position, well iv liked his play today more, gotten into the town lead position but has used it well, the belligerence can be put down to just Day1 icebreaking.

The recent spat between Catalina and Claude has really just exacerbated by earlier concern with Catalina's whole vibe. Its nothing concrete that i can point to but damn does it just give me some seriously off gut feels.

That said, im not feeling particularity towny about Claud, more null than anything. It seems like most of the good graves hes in are because of his argument with Ken near D1s end, which i cant right put much stock in as it was pretty clear for a long time there that Kens goose was likely to be cooked, and its far from impossible that the exchange was fabricated. Just saying im not gonna go rushing to put him on a pedestal or nothing.

That said, im not feeling particularity towny about Claud, more null than anything. It seems like most of the good graves hes in are because of his argument with Ken near D1s end, which i cant right put much stock in as it was pretty clear for a long time there that Kens goose was likely to be cooked, and its far from impossible that the exchange was fabricated. Just saying im not gonna go rushing to put him on a pedestal or nothing.
Yeah, the more I've thought about this, it isn't entirely unheard of for something like that to go down. I had been thinking with votes in the air, and a small game, it's maybe risky, but distancing is always a good thing if there's a chance for it.

Evening Roman! If I could hear your thoughts, I'm just curious what made you suspect Ken. I have a light suspicion you could've voted for Ken as a blanket when you were confident he wasn't going to go down, and your reasoning posted below was a bit indifferent.

Eh may as well.

vote:Ken

Yeah, the more I've thought about this, it isn't entirely unheard of for something like that to go down. I had been thinking with votes in the air, and a small game, it's maybe risky, but distancing is always a good thing if there's a chance for it.
Its smaller games that iv found this kinda thing more likely tbh, in particular a (i think?) Mini mafia from ages ago where two scum bussed the absolute shit outta each other on D2, and it left the survivor of it sailing free from the rest of the game.

Evening Roman! If I could hear your thoughts, I'm just curious what made you suspect Ken. I have a light suspicion you could've voted for Ken as a blanket when you were confident he wasn't going to go down, and your reasoning posted below was a bit indifferent.

it was the bit of the over-reactive defensiveness that i had read from Ken, compared to the absolute nothing i had on Michael at the time (thanks to missing a big portion of that day), normally i might not have really weighed in being so uninformed, but i had a decent enough D1 scum lean on Ken at the time that i would have rather cemented his lynch than leave it up to (again, from just my perspective) a total shot in the dark.

Catalina, for one, and high on my list. Tommy afterwards. Huang, somewhat, but I don’t have a good read on him.

On page 10 (50 ppp), Catalina goes in hard on me.

Franklin tried to get a train going on me on day 1 and practically has his vote on me, but I’m leaning town on him. Same thing with Claude and Trevor - I’m leaning town on them.

My vote right now is between Tommy and Catalina.

See, I was thinking no push with tommy and ken (at the time) was because they were both townies and scum didn't care. A similar thing could have happened if we had two scum, but I really have trouble buying a tommy, ken, carl scum team.

That said, the game size is throwing me off a bit, cause I keep forgetting how few votes are needed for majority, so I saw 2v2 as low impact voting day 1, when it really wasn't in a 13 player game.

My kingdom for a dayvig.

it was the bit of the over-reactive defensiveness that i had read from Ken, compared to the absolute nothing i had on Michael at the time (thanks to missing a big portion of that day), normally i might not have really weighed in being so uninformed, but i had a decent enough D1 scum lean on Ken at the time that i would have rather cemented his lynch than leave it up to (again, from just my perspective) a total shot in the dark.

Did you know the vote would be so close with yours added to Ken? I'm a bit concerned that you would push us closer to a tie at that point. OTOH, if you were scum, you probably could have no showed and gotten away with it as a replacement on D1.

I've been tabbing over for a bit now just to follow and I don't have much new to add. I still think Carl isn't the scum even if I do find his self-preservation a bit much.

You still leaning towards Carl here today, Franklin? Anything from him change your mind at all?

I've cooled off on him a bit, but it may be cause he's town reading me and I'm susceptible to pockets. I will note that his dangling of reads feels like how bad scum like to claim, where they just offer small bits instead of being upfront about it. I also don't feel great about Catalina still. Scum like an excuse like that argument to get some free(but mostly repetitive) activity. I don't feel great about removing anyone else yet. Kinda hoping our vig goes 2 for 2, tbh.

Did you know the vote would be so close with yours added to Ken? I'm a bit concerned that you would push us closer to a tie at that point. OTOH, if you were scum, you probably could have no showed and gotten away with it as a replacement on D1.
i knew it would be close but there were still a few minutes left for the vote to swing toward Ken as i was hoping, or for me or anyone else present to prevent a tie if necessary, it only ended so soon after that due to deliberate tie-preventing hammering.

Also i have no idea what "OTOH" stands for, but yeah i probably could have just peaced out, but thats no fun at all.

"Are you sure? Both of the tie prevention votes were during minute 59 of the final hour. Not exactly what I would call hammering."
Fucken ell your right, my memory of that had basically everything happening a few minutes earlier.

i knew it would be close but there were still a few minutes left for the vote to swing toward Ken as i was hoping, or for me or anyone else present to prevent a tie if necessary, it only ended so soon after that due to deliberate tie-preventing hammering.

Also i have no idea what "OTOH" stands for, but yeah i probably could have just peaced out, but thats no fun at all.

On The Other Hand is OTOH

==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

Carl (3 votes)
Trevor - #360
TommyV - #361
Huang - #372

TommyV (2 votes)
Niko - #441
Carl - #486

Catalina (2 votes)
Asuka - #427
Claude - #511

Claude (1 votes)
Catalina - #500

Huang (0 votes)
Franklin - #458 #463

Trevor (0 votes)
Niko - #376 #441

Not voting: Franklin, Roman

Post Counts:
Trevor: 46 Catalina: 29 Carl: 25 Claude: 24 TommyV: 24 Niko: 23 Franklin: 20 Asuka: 20 Roman: 12 Huang: 8

Current Countdown:
397lgc2aqm

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Here I will begin my narrative so I can comfortably move my vote away from Town Claude to a second Townie, appearing like a little busy Townie instead of the Mafia mastermind I am in reality. Alternatively and really, there is only limited interest in Claude over the trio and I'd be surprised and worried if the current gamestate somehow created a Claude lynch so I'll be moving on. Pick the wine bottle you prefer, dear reader.

This seemed like an honest callout and re-direct at Claude. Honest in that he knew Claude wasn't scum with him, and he was trying to cast suspicion. I think this means Claude is a townie.

I consider this possible. Fits with the whole panicked / frustrated Ken idea. Grab something that has at least a bit of credibility in it and THROW. Hope it hits something.

UNVOTE

I feel there is a possibility that Asuka is Mafia and is tossing the Mafia playbook on me, that the idea that Ken was just an anomaly and the rest of the Mafia have some composure is true, and Asuka is saying it because he knows it is true.

Just quick vote analyzing by the by, if Michael is scum, Lance was doing some sketch as fuck bussing.

This is after Lance votes on Ken, while at the same time Asuka had voted on Michael. This shades not only Lance, but the Ken train as well. Now, there are some later posts during the final minutes where Asuka encourages Roman to be an independent actor, but I wouldn't count that as a positive. One just has to keep an eye on the votes and see that at that point, Michael had a two vote lead with only a single free vote remaining. Huang had disappeared and Franklin had expressed disinterest in voting for Tommy or Ken.

The somewhat logical extension to this idea is to believe that Mafia was ready to pull a tie-prevention vote in their favor. These candidates then would be Niko and Franklin, of whom Franklin fits the idea better. He was busy during D1 and mentioned Asuka as his top town. I am not yet too comfortable with this idea.

Just doing a quick check in but I’ll be back in like two hours. Both of my day start comments are now useless and one is probably mildly self-incriminating but whatever. The first: I tried to make a post near day end yesterday to the effect of “I could have swapped votes here to Ken and I thought about it but I am purposely posting here to say that I consciously decided to let Michael die here instead.” The two things around that are, it wouldn’t have matter since people piled on to Michael in the last 30 seconds to prevent a tie so my vote would have either caused the tie or not mattered and when I hit post, I was met with a thread locked message because they really got that closed right on the dot. Full disclosure is really the only reason I’m saying that at this point since I was very complicit in protecting a mafia there.

The second, and it’s a shame Lance died, because I was going to come in with the obvious that he was pretty much lock town, more so knowing Ken is mafia but even without that knowledge, mafia never switches votes there like he did even if it was town/town. Oh well.

Today begins, and Asuka makes the post above. In it he details how he wanted to do a post like I did before the day end - one in which to express desire to get Ken while at the same time standing their ground with Michael. This fits into the idea as getting ahead of the argument, cover the bases, type of thing.

Now, there are some later posts during the final minutes where Asuka encourages Roman to be an independent actor, but I wouldn't count that as a positive.
This bit threw me off a lot at the time, as it seemed like less encouraging me "be an independent actor", and more telling me to shut up and vote for Ken despite lacking some fairly important context.
But given that voting for Ken was the right call i have no idea how to feel about this, me voting there didn't really change anything either way so the encouragement was pretty moot.

I may disappear soon and i cant say for sure that i will be here for the days end so imma put this down now.

vote:Carl

that said this makes it 2 away from a hammer and i dont think anyone wants that, so pls be responsible with your votes.

Well, I'm still a fan of seeing the Carl flip first here. I think there's a good chance of him being Scum with the early and continued defenses of Ken yesterday. A Roleblocker is definitely a teammate worth defending. I feel like most of the room is in agreement about him being a top scum read and it does feel like some legit thought has been put into this.

As for the other vote leaders, I'm not interested in Tommy or Catalina today. Tommy is a future possibility depending on the Carl flip, but I'm becoming more confident in my newbie town read on him. Catalina is putting in plenty of effort, and I feel like a better case can be made there in the future about her alignment than what is being thrown out here today.

Top Bottom