Spectator Thread Where the Bears Are - Spectator Chat

I guess it really is totally normal that Coolest pointed out that I was a powerful PR the day before scum killed me. The fact that Monkey’s theory about a role cop was confirmed has no bearing on that.

Nomad Sparkster

This is some wild shit maynard
Also I was actually making notes and creating reads of past day behaviours last night for Geno

so I guess Im improving a bit

also lmao we survived til night 3 amazing

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
Why has it taken me this long to work out that Stan and FEP's boat should be called Flat Stanley? It was staring me in the face all along...

dragon mom

Plays the Game of Chairs
The crumbs, the claim, the play as a whole - I genuinely don't understand the gambit. I haven't followed super closely though, were you under suspicion? What prompted the claim? Was every scum member d'accord?
I was suspected on D1. No one was around in the chat so we couldn’t talk about it muxh

Hm. Xbro trying to say that there's 19 threads set up for this game on Outermafia raises some interesting questions that might need to be added to the rules. I'm not sure if he's right or not, but it is possible to speculate on that by looking at the forum index for Love Boat being designated as 456 in it's link https://www.outermafia.com/index.php?forums/456/ and a thread like this being in a separate forum with 473 as it's link https://www.outermafia.com/index.php?forums/473/ and you could try and guess at how many threads have been set up based on that, but that seems like some extreme meta gaming that isn't intended to be seen by players. How did you come up with there being 19 threads reserved over here Xbro?

Xbro

Bags his own tea
Hm. Xbro trying to say that there's 19 threads set up for this game on Outermafia raises some interesting questions that might need to be added to the rules. I'm not sure if he's right or not, but it is possible to speculate on that by looking at the forum index for Love Boat being designated as 456 in it's link https://www.outermafia.com/index.php?forums/456/ and a thread like this being in a separate forum with 473 as it's link https://www.outermafia.com/index.php?forums/473/ and you could try and guess at how many threads have been set up based on that, but that seems like some extreme meta gaming that isn't intended to be seen by players. How did you come up with there being 19 threads reserved over here Xbro?
You get a different error code based on if a thread exists or if you don't have access to it.

Sorian

Neutral Ascetic 1-Shot BP SK Alignment Cop
Staff member
19 is the wrong answer anyway. I don't think he meta gamed based on links. He guessed at 17 pairs + 1 gossip thread + 1 scum thread. He was scum in the last love boat so he probably assumed the same thing I did that scum had their one big boat then normal boats as well.

Sorian

Neutral Ascetic 1-Shot BP SK Alignment Cop
Staff member
Hmm, nvm, maybe don't play with the forum software like that but 19 was still not right anyway lol

Xbro

Bags his own tea
19 is the wrong answer anyway. I don't think he meta gamed based on links. He guessed at 17 pairs + 1 gossip thread + 1 scum thread. He was scum in the last love boat so he probably assumed the same thing I did that scum had their one big boat then normal boats as well.
I did. I figured the only Love boat is the only time this would be an issue, so it's an extreme edge case

Pedro

The Last Airbender is actually a great movie
Yeah, that's very unsportmanslike; please don't try to deduce elements of the game's design using anything that's not in the game thread. I would modkill if it happened in a game I'm running.

Xbro

Bags his own tea
So last night I was able to think clearly for the first time since Saturday. 2 things.

1. I feel terrible about the thread thing
2. I'm pretty sure fantomas is lying about his role

I still get the feeling that there's mafia in either Dr. Stu or Fantopinhead. But just that, a gut feeling.

Any bets for the night kill?

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
Why on earth would you use that role to target anyone other than pirate malus night 1?
That's a good point - Stan and FEP hadn't exactly been under the gun on the first day, so they do seem to be an out-there choice for targeting. As a matter of fact, the only votes that they recieved - all of which were withdrawn - were from Vere, Monkey and Fantomas himself.
I still get the feeling that there's mafia in either Dr. Stu or Fantopinhead. But just that, a gut feeling.
I've never quite shaken the suspicions that I've had over Dr. Stu since the start. For all the interest in them early on, they do seem to be curiously above suspicion now.

Xbro

Bags his own tea
That's a good point - Stan and FEP hadn't exactly been under the gun on the first day, so they do seem to be an out-there choice for targeting. As a matter of fact, the only votes that they recieved - all of which were withdrawn - were from Vere, Monkey and Fantomas himself.
To top it all off, he used only people still currently alive and outed all the power roles first to make it consistent. That first bit got me. I had Fantomas as the second scum team until the role reveal. I figured the fact that they would use only alive players was ballsy, and the role itself made sense so I went on to my next suspect pair in Skychuggs. Which was still a rather weak read, compared to a strong read on fant

I've never quite shaken the suspicions that I've had over Dr. Stu since the start. For all the interest in them early on, they do seem to be curiously above suspicion now.

That push against Pirate malus gave them a lot of town cred. It even changed Fanto's mind.

It could be all coordinated though, with both of them being teammates.

Thought of that but after the Geno flip - who did the same, defended the supposed slip - I lost confidence in that attitude being AI.

Fanto will get some questions today if they don't get night-killed though.

Xbro

Bags his own tea
There's no reason not to night kill the celebreties. Those are the only 100% confirmed townies

malus

#1 official chartmaker
If he tells the truth about his role and only receives a "movement" or "no movement" back he doesn't actually learn anything from targeting us N1. He has to try and find players that move, but are not visited themselves so his behaviour does make sense.

Xbro

Bags his own tea
If he tells the truth about his role and only receives a "movement" or "no movement" back he doesn't actually learn anything from targeting us N1. He has to try and find players that move, but are not visited themselves so his behaviour does make sense.
Am I mistaken in my understanding of seeing the player they interact with? If so then yeah, that wouldn't do much

Oh dang, the bookie bears were actually town. I thought for sure they would be neutral since their power could influence them to push things a different way, but that's a pretty neat role. What other powers were they able to get?

Vincent Alexander

My best friend is a monkey
I knew something was about to go downhill when night actions locked, and suddenly Rac and I's partner chat locked too....

Abs has got to be scum. Surely. SHIRLEY.

Vincent Alexander

My god, those self-votes really tore spirits down. Town morale is low, low, low.

I hope someone reminds the group that Rac and I tracked Stu/Monkey....Not that it is a guarantee of anything, but it helps a tad.

Hey @Vincent Alexander, you had a great game. Who did you bet on to be lunched today?

My god, those self-votes really tore spirits down. Town morale is low, low, low.

Yeah not feeling that great now. Hope you aren't too mad at us. At some point it felt like the only way some of you could seriously consider Xbro's point about Dr. Stuart was going ahead with our flip. We were gonna flip anyways with the Apollo green-check, but it's true we basically silenced EoD to accomplish it, and that's far from nice or pro-town.

Vincent Alexander

Of all the people, I can't be too mad...I self-voted myself once, and I try to tell myself I had better intentions because the scenarios were vastly different, but....lesson learned. You just gotta remember that no matter how bleak, or how frustrated you are at town reading you as town, our end goal is to always help one another, and a self-vote never helps the town. I was on your side and convinced you weren't scum, and I still had plenty of time to holler about it and start raising a proper fuss.

We bet on Absolut. At least 4 players posted that if you flipped town, he is scum. What I'm really disappointed at now is how many players aren't sticking to that. I think Absolut is a bit of a fun vote though. He hasn't done anything particularly scummy. I just think he's had a lot of interesting actions surrounding him.

Outside of Absolut, I truly have no idea. Nothing is going to surprise me. I'm just here for a fun ride at this point. Rooting for town.

Vincent Alexander

Thanks for posting! I completely forgot to ask. No one is discussing our track on Stu/Monkey now though, so I'm not sure we put our ability to good use that we did get.

We bet on Absolut. At least 4 players posted that if you flipped town, he is scum. What I'm really disappointed at now is how many players aren't sticking to that. I think Absolut is a bit of a fun vote though. He hasn't done anything particularly scummy. I just think he's had a lot of interesting actions surrounding him.

Yeah I'm not sure about that. As Fanto just said the check is kinda WIFOM... and absolutbro has had a hard time in the partner department. That's extra-game but it would definitely color my read on him.

And thank you for the kind comment.

Vincent Alexander

Yeah I'm not sure about that. As Fanto just said the check is kinda WIFOM... and absolutbro has had a hard time in the partner department. That's extra-game but it would definitely color my read on him.

Yep. No problem. Shite happens. Just hope town wins. The remaining players will be much more forgiving if they pull out a sweet, hard fought victory. lol

seems like no one even cared, oh well

nice playing with you vincent
You too. Sorry I'm not that great, but we lasted longer than I expected and put up a good fight. I just have to remind myself, once again, to stay away from large games. I'm absolutely garbage Day 1 and still mostly Day 2.

rac

whatever

i mean the first thing i wanted to ask you was what you thought of the track and there could have been a little fight at the end the votes weren't so off

but i think you played really well

i mean the first thing i wanted to ask you was what you thought of the track and there could have been a little fight at the end the votes weren't so off

but i think you played really well

I mean, the track was a point for town!Dr. Stu, but with the floating theory of a ninja and the fact that another mafia member could have issued the kill it can only carry you so far right? Unless I misunderstood that completely.

And that's right, there could've been a closer fight. But we decided on the turbo more than a day before it happened; that's why we started with the random behaviour, fishing for votes. We were convinced it was the only way to bring attention to that read, since earlier Xbro's posts had been mostly dismissed.

You're far too kind, my reads were all wrong. Fun fact I had a nullish thought on you due to the lack of any meta. Everyone keep saying "this is town rac!" but I just couldn't see how mainly sticking with a vote was AI. You had me confused the whole game.

Also, please let me ask. There was something Fanto commented that stood out to me. According to him, you said once "Never show your work" or something along those lines. That was so fascinating since the way I see the game is the complete opposite. Would you mind commenting a bit?

rac

whatever
You're far too kind, my reads were all wrong. Fun fact I had a nullish thought on you due to the lack of any meta. Everyone keep saying "this is town rac!" but I just couldn't see how mainly sticking with a vote was AI. You had me confused the whole game.
town is always wrong always, also no hard feelings ive never been townread that much before
if i was looking at my own posts id vote myself too

never show your work is something that i said to fanto in a chat once

i just don't like doing any lists or anything cause they just end up looking dumb as shit when i do it

Vincent Alexander

Well, Absolut's big read list a moment ago made me think, "Maybe he could be town..." Then he went on and speculated why scum might kill bookie bears, and nailed why I would kill us if I were scum: fear of us getting a stronger power, like a vig shot. It's why I expected to die the night following our claim. It also makes my gut feeling of him being scum pop riiight back up.

It's Jack Of All Trades, a role that has a collection of one-time uses of different powers.

edit: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Jack-of-all-trades
Ah. Thank you.

Franconp

Frank
Everytime that I read Monkey and Stuart complaining of bad play and I remember how they wasted the first 2 days just going after Sorian for some old revenge it gets me really mad.

Vincent Alexander

I simply don't understand the point of calling out bad play. You are only ever going to piss off your teammates (if you're both truly town). It solves nothing, and only incites emotions. After a game? Sure, go nuts. In the middle of a game? Find a better way. "Bad play" is too generic and lazy .

Vincent Alexander

Also, I don't know why, but this game has kept me the most hooked. I'm still reading every page, just damn interested in how this all turns out. This really is a great game.

Z-beat

only here for the flavor
Got notified because of Donna's quotes.

I don't think they fully get how our power worked. Or maybe I don't because we didn't use it before I left.

Vincent Alexander

Oh my god, that flip. I'm finally getting some confidence in this game. Not only scum, but the ninja like I thought too!

What a wild game. I'm extra sad I'm dead now. Damn you, scum.

Vincent Alexander

Abs had a great game, especially considering partner changeups and RL crap. I stand by that Abs himself did nothing scummy. The surrounding actions that seemed to swirl about him is what made him suspcious.

Alexem

Yeah, I'm town
Unless Dr. Stu are bus drivers extrordinaire, I'm willing to take the L on my earlier stance on them. (Seriously, Monkey and Stuart are both players that I always fear becoming town leaders - both are very good at making arguments and would be a real asset to scum.)

Looking back at the voting, scum got pretty lucky with D1 - the Bae/Malus boat was attracting enough attention then, but knowing that the AB/Ty boat came even closer to getting hit straight off can't have been much fun for them. It's also interesting to see how many non-voters there have been in this game - even setting aside the turbo on D3, there are still plenty of gaps in the final vote tallies.

Agreed with Vincent Alexander, you did great and looked normal enough absolutbro. The fake check was too bold a move it seems.

That doggo gave you town points in my mind too.

Surprised you outlasted that cop flip for so long. That seemed like it should've gotten you
Enh, alignment cop is easy for scum to fake since they know the alignments of everyone not neutral. Even if Bae had picked someone not on her team, she had a pretty good chance of them playing along.

This is only what, 3? That's not bad for the number of players in the game. That two of them were for my boat is a bit more than frustrating, given the circumstances.

Vincent Alexander

I just hope Coolest isn't on scum team, because if so, poor LP all by himself. Things got really lonely real quick for him.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Uh, oh...

My boat is locked and I have access to this thread...

Hi everyone! I'll get caught up in here I guess instead.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Well, first of all, I am sorry to disappoint everyone's big scum reads on us, but Zipped and I were Town, and we were Motion Detectors.

I was taken by Kyan/Donna last night and chatted with them overnight. Kyan thought I was Scum for all of about 20 minutes or so, then decided I was Town.

I put the motion detector on FEPs/Stan last night. Didn't get a result though, instead I got met with a locked boat and access to Spec Chat... :(

We deduced that the Scum team has to be down to FEPs/Stan, and if the game isn't over after that vote, then take out SkyChugg.

If it's Monkey/Stu I jump off a bridge.

Here was the pre-typed post that I was going to make at the start of the day based on the message that Kyan and Donna wanted me to send along in the event that they died instead.

Ok, so Kyan and Donna wanted me to pass on a message to you all from them in case they died, which if you are reading this, it means they have. RIP :(

I have to paraphrase it obviously, so this is not a copy/pasted message. Think of it like how Tenacious D's song Tribute isn't the real greatest song in the world, it's just a tribute.

--------

Donna says good luck to you all ^^
Kyaaa says hewwo.
Kyaaa said his original idea was some sort of cipher, but he was too lazy.
Instead, they would just like you all to hear the following things.
1. I showed my command in their thread and they believe that it is real.
2. Since they are trusting me, they think that a Stan/FEPs lunch is what we should do today.
3. If the game is not over after a Stan/FEPs lunch, then they think we should go for SkyChugg.
Though of course they still think everyone should consider the alternatives still.
This has been a message from Donna ^^ and Kyaaa :3!

--------

Also, Kyaaa wanted me to be able to provide further evidence of me having spoken with them, so I also know the following things that Stu and Chugg should be able to confirm, assuming they recall what was said, about their own respective private chats with Kyan/Donna.

1. Kyaaa was paranoid about Stu and Monkey bussing Bae/Malus during their N3 chat, while Donna was thinking that Sky had been shading the Gossips.
2. Neither Kyaaa nor Donna remembered much about Apollo in past games, and so it was hard for them to lean either Town or Scum on her at that time.
3. In the chat with Chuggs on N4, Kyaaa says that he threatened him, saying that if he did not cooperate then Donna and Kyaaa would push for him to be lunched. Kyaaa says they never told him the resolution of it, but that he complied.

That is what I bring to you all from the lovely Bear Thieves.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
I haven't read anything outside of flips but I want to say I love and missed all of you.
Oh and as for this, I did read some of your MU game, but I didn't make it all the way through!

I skimmed through D1, then read all of D2 where you had quite the info the give to everyone lol. That was great. Did you end up winning?

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Some random thoughts:

I did my best to try staying open minded throughout this game and not just convince myself that I was right about my own personal scum reads and push them above everyone else's. I also tried not to get too pushy with players and demand them to be more active, I instead just tried to get people talking and make sure that people were at least putting out their thoughts if they weren't going to post a whole lot.

I think my play on D1 was really bad, as well as my play on D2. I'm going to have to figure out better how to adjust and feel comfortable during the early game here.

On D3 I felt that I helped out a lot by dropping my read on Monkey/Stu and Nat/Terra and going for Bae/Malus instead, and of course finding Geno's truth bullet and shooting it at Bae's weak point is something I will definitely remember about this game for a long time. This is what Bae gets for introducing me to Danganronpa, she has no one to blame but herself. ;)

D4 I honestly don't think I could have played much better. I don't have a whole lot to say on the Xbro/Reki situation, I felt that my read on them was justified by the end of the day, and it's unfortunate that they took the path they did as I don't think it helped Town out a lot and I am never an advocate of self-voting. That being said, I understand being frustrated with the game and wanting to go out on their own terms so it is what it is.

D5 I kept my mind open as much as possible, I was basically like this at points when I was seeing all the possible Scum worlds:
giphy.gif
But overall, I trusted in Donna's analysis of the situation because she was playing absolutely amazing and seemed to be the calmest out of everyone in the room, and when she was still in favor of going for AB at EoD, I decided that was the right call to make too in order for us to have the best chance of finding Scum before LyLo. And of course, it paid off well.

Now we see if the remaining Town can bring it home, and I really do think they can, paranoia won't get the best of them here. We'll be enjoying our Town win soon enough, a long time coming for Town as we haven't had many great successes to speak of in this community lately lol.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Oh and as for this, I did read some of your MU game, but I didn't make it all the way through!

I skimmed through D1, then read all of D2 where you had quite the info the give to everyone lol. That was great. Did you end up winning?
Ah shit, I see now you guys did not win. Rough.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Dr. Monkey said:
RIP. Fanto, at least you didn't have to go to endgame?
Indeed.

Y'all never kill me when I'm Town, the only way I can get out of it is if Scum decides to off me or if I live to end-game lol.

Glad you explained it, I noticed the change in tone/activity from D1-2 to D3 too with the "energy" you put in those big opening posts. So I was a bit confused on what did you want to do with your new playstyle - no idea on what would an alive Fanto be thinking in like D8 - but both the truth bullet (congratulations on that!) and your claim post having so many moving parts left my mafia-read on you with nothing to sustain it. Still had the feeling but no, wrong again.

You had a good game.

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims

No. I was town and things went like they do for town.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Oh yeah, how could I forget about this?
@Sorian
Sorian said:
Ty and AB aren’t scum, just fyi. You all didn’t accidently trip into the correct lynch and scum isn’t bussing in this climate.

Thanks for convincing me to move my vote off of Ty/AB there at EoD, that was a great play man. Your instincts and intuition are second-to-none in this community, and I can't believe anyone would ever doubt a word that comes out of your mouth in these games.

qIVcFut.gif

<3

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Glad you explained it, I noticed the change in tone/activity from D1-2 to D3 too with the "energy" you put in those big opening posts. So I was a bit confused on what did you want to do with your new playstyle - no idea on what would an alive Fanto be thinking in like D8 - but both the truth bullet (congratulations on that!) and your claim post having so many moving parts left my mafia-read on you with nothing to sustain it. Still had the feeling but no, wrong again.

You had a good game.
Thanks, yeah. I think I need to probably find a way to still speak up a bit more in the early days if I feel that something is off instead of just jumping in with a #SickRead and then backing down when I realize I was probably wrong.
No. I was town and things went like they do for town.
Yeah, I went and saw things did not end too well there.

That fucking Scum Slip™ though lmao. For anyone who thought Zipped slipped on D2 in this game, go read Faddy's MU game to see a legit real Scum slip, holy shit lol.

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims
Thanks, yeah. I think I need to probably find a way to still speak up a bit more in the early days if I feel that something is off instead of just jumping in with a #SickRead and then backing down when I realize I was probably wrong.

Yeah, I went and saw things did not end too well there.

That fucking Scum Slip™ though lmao. For anyone who thought Zipped slipped on D2 in this game, go read Faddy's MU game to see a legit real Scum slip, holy shit lol.

The scum slip confirmed 2 mafia and cleared the strongest town player. Of course the town player got mislynched at final 6 while adamently pointing correctly at the last scum... then town couldn't even follow through with his read on the last day.

Still with the “zipped slipped on day 2” BS? Please.

Y’all were just using that for confirmation bias. Townie and town could be in that boat.

Do we have spoilers yet? I would love to know the last team

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Still with the “zipped slipped on day 2” BS? Please.

Y’all were just using that for confirmation bias. Townie and town could be in that boat.

Lol.

I didn't see any spoilers in here yet, no.

And I'm sorry you were all lonely in our boat last night, I was so sad when I got back and it was locked and instead I see Spec Thread. :(

Kyan/Donna and I were pretty sure on FEPs/Stan. I would think it probably isn't SkyChugg at this point and if there is a final partner it is LP or else Nat/Terra with the epic long-game bus plan.

As Rac said above, he and I would still be alive if Monkey was Scum here lol.

I love your optimism.

I failed grotesquely by not nailing one of the remaining scum pairs on D2. I was too preoccupied with all that. The fact that they survived the role cop flip is surreal.

The last one is well-hidden, but not impossible to find.

Top Bottom