Spectator Thread Observing a Story as it Unfolds

Natiko

Town's Friendly Neighborhood Serial Killer
This situation is both painful and amazing... painfun

This is the first time I've seen a scumteam not aware they are in mylo/lylo, and Stove is inexperienced so he may not realize he can take sides to get a team to support he reach his wincon
It’s fun to watch. This is a prime example of how being in the thick of it with imperfect knowledge can lead to decisions that make spectators lose their minds. Mafia have no way of knowing how close they were, of course they’re going to play it a bit more cautious than us. I think they’ll still win, just may not be this phase.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Yeah, I don't see Town going 4 for 4 to get rid of the remaining Scum players, there's too many Townies that are still on their radar. Scum might not win it today with the Jman vote, but they'll win eventually.

lokiduck

Awww yiss mothafuckin' breadcrumbs
This situation is both painful and amazing... painfun

This is the first time I've seen a scumteam not aware they are in mylo/lylo, and Stove is inexperienced so he may not realize he can take sides to get a team to support he reach his wincon
To be fair to the scum team, two of them are newbies in our community so maybe they don't realize.

Chuggs has been scum a few times now, but part of the issue here is they think everyone else is town when Stove is not. If Stove were to reveal (he won't) he's a neutral they'd might figure it out, but right now they don't have all the pieces to the puzzle.

Either way This game is perfect summed up all around with :surprised:

lokiduck

I'm mainly just concerned for Stove. Town voting out Jman is his best chance of winning right now, and I'm worried he's going to get lunched before he gets a chance to win.

That and I kind of want the game to end this day phase because my dad is wanting me to come to his place on sunday and I have to coordinate Mafia around it >> But if town can manage to scrape by today then sure I guess. XD

Either way the scum team is going to regret it when they see how close they were to a win. XD

Verelios

Were-elios
That's the exact problem, there's a lack of information on all three sides of town, neutral and scum so they're making choices that appear overly weird to us. For stove, it's mainly that no one outlined the town/scum breakdown and when lylo begins. For town...there's a lot of odd shit scum have been up to but they're bogged down in WIFOM, hope in a smaller scum team and cautiousness.

lokiduck

I realized that part of why Stove may have asked for clarification on his win con, is because his master plan was to make 10 posts and check out for the day and hope town lunches Jman. XD

He has 10 posts so that may be the case. XD

lokiduck

LOL at LP thinking Jman is a serial killer...

You know what's really good while I wait for Town and scum to come to a decision on this silly day??? VODKA \o/

---

Also thanks to Salva we are now 2 away from turbo, come onnnnnnnn town end this madness.

lokiduck

Stan: Jman may totally be Roc the wolf who is a neutral executioner!!!
Stove when he reads that: >>;

LOL also love how Stan thinks Jman may be a neutral executioner, but doesn't want to turbo. I'm excited to see what nonsense happens when I wake up.

I'm going to mute all channels on discord except for mod cat so please.... if something does happen while I;m asleep, please ping me in mod chat Vere and or game watchers... maybe I'll hear it, maybe I won't who the fuck knows.

nin1000

Chilean German Madman
cant wait for town to look like this :D

jXHVa4d.png

lokiduck

:surprised: They think... Jman the townie is a neutral luncher... and Stove the neutral hunter is mafia all because he called the main thread "chat" and now he's in the running to be lunched.

TOWN Please ;w; don't kill Roc, he is like the one thing I got going for me now that all my fave town roles are dead.

I need to stop going to sleep, it gets worse everytime I come back.

:alpha:

lokiduck

Other reasons they shouldn't vote Stove:

1. If they vote him out, then it'll be all down to LP saving the right person >> otherwise they lose, plus then Stove loses and that makes me sad :<
2. They are voting him to get answers out of him, but he won't be around because of his timezone.
3. For like the 2nd??? 3rd??? time in this game they are completely dropping their votes on a mafia player without the scum team even having to do anything.

lokiduck

Also the sudden Stove push means he's 2 votes from lunch again D: We are so close to the end.

lokiduck

Out of the remaining town players, the ones that have been playing great despite everything are Reki, LP, and Stan.

Reki made a smart claim even if it resulted in Scum never considering them for a NK like they hoped scum would, but their analysis has been good even if there's no real vote data to work with.

LP has been so under the radar that scum hasn't considered him a threat at all when he's town's only hope right now if they kill any town besides Jman or Stove today.

Stan has been great flavor wise, the issue is he keeps being so close and yet so far from figuring some stuff out.

Bonus shout out to Jman for trying to keep positive despite everything, he's just probably not going to convince town today. XD

lokiduck

Yessssss Salva... cast suspicion on the Stove train. Yessssssss.

I also want to say the entire Scum team has been really good so they deserve where they are even if some of it was due to sheer luck. I've said it before but I want to again since I highlighted some of the good town players.

The scum team has had suspicion on them all game, and yet they haven't really been considered much for lunches without even having to try to prevent it.

The fake claims have been good too even with the little hang up here or there. Fuck it, Salva said he doesn't want to claim because it'd make his role useless and town just accepted it.

lokiduck

Yessssssss Jman unvote Stove. Do itttttttttt....

LOL Like I said earlier it's why the push on him was silly because he's not going to respond before day end, especially when he's so close to winning.

---

Hedin is considering voting for Stove currently, now that Jman unvoted I'm okay with this, but he did say he was planning on voting Jman so he should. >>

Chuggs wants to get rid of Stove because he's an unknown power... but thankfully he doesn't want to move his vote over there and thinks they can take care of him tomorrow \o/

Last edited:

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Fuck it, Salva said he doesn't want to claim because it'd make his role useless and town just accepted it.
Seriously though, like, sometimes Scum is just going to be Scum. That's what Salva has been all game in my eyes, just openly being Scummy. He knew that neither Sparks nor Nin were Scum, said as much in the thread, speaks from a Scum perspective multiple times, muddies the waters around any worthwhile discussions by coming up with elaborate theories and justifications, and refused to role claim during what was mostly a mass claim session near the end of the game. Those are all red flags, alarms are going off everywhere, there is a sign above his head in neon colors that just says "SCUM" with an arrow pointing down, and Town still doesn't want to vote for him.

lokiduck

Seriously though, like, sometimes Scum is just going to be Scum. That's what Salva has been all game in my eyes, just openly being Scummy. He knew that neither Sparks nor Nin were Scum, said as much in the thread, speaks from a Scum perspective multiple times, muddies the waters around any worthwhile discussions by coming up with elaborate theories and justifications, and refused to role claim during what was mostly a mass claim session near the end of the game. Those are all red flags, alarms are going off everywhere, there is a sign above his head in neon colors that just says "SCUM" with an arrow pointing down, and Town still doesn't want to vote for him.
Yep. XD He even said in scum chat that it's his thing to act as scummy as possible so he's read as town.

Fuck it even has even directly explained how Scum was going to handle things, even talking about how scum would just switch Jman's targets and no one seems to have noticed that. Like all of the scum powers he has mentioned are scum's actual abilities and no one has realized that. XD

---

In other news Chuggs thinks they have it since only two people aren't voting right now and man he doesn't realize how right he is.

Mind you Hagi is tied with Jman right now so there's still a chance town can put off a scum win (probably lunching Stove in the process :/) but since one of the nonvoting is Hedin he can easily push it the direction they need it to without catching any heat since he said he was considering voting for Jman.

Last edited:

lokiduck

Interesting, Hedin seems to be aware that the twon scum ratio is 5:4 so I guess he assumes there's another neutral???

This is why he's not willing to give up Hagi even if they get some bonus from Hagi dying (lol imagine sacrificing Hagi for town cred and a fucking extra switch shot).

lokiduck

If they somehow manage to lunch Hagi I think there could be some hope for town

Jman comes as very townie in attitudes, mislunching him will be harder later
They do have a shot if they lunch Hagi.

5 T, 1 N, 3 S

Scum kills town probs so

4 T 1 3 s

Town lunches Stove probably

4 T 3 S

Scum kills Town then win.

Mind you there's a shot that town can still win during those days or LP successfully blocks scum kills, but they have a long battle ahead of them if Hagi dies.

(LOL scum is seriously considering lunching Hagi, but after wiki diving Hedin thinks it'll be a bad thing so maybe not >>;)

lokiduck

Realistically, town has a chance to win if they lunch Hagi today, scum shoot Reki and town chain lunch two scum right after.
That's if Scum shoots Reki tho. Right now they want to kill Kalor because they consider him a threat.

And even if they shoot Reki, town has to lunch the right people, and one of thos will probably be Stove who doesn't help their odds.

lokiduck

Chuggs please hammer and end the suffering
Please Chuggs hear our thoughts. TURBO!!!

Salva thinks Reki will move to Hagi and that as a result LP will be the swing vote, but Chuggs said when he voted Hagi, that he'd move back to Jman if he has to break a tie, so maybe there's a chance.

Verelios

Were-elios
That's if Scum shoots Reki tho. Right now they want to kill Kalor because they consider him a threat.

And even if they shoot Reki, town has to lunch the right people, and one of thos will probably be Stove who doesn't help their odds.
Yeah, the point is that town has no room for error here and need scum to slip up in some ways.

turmoil7

Imperial Corps Commander Who Cheers the Army
If they get more time and go back to day 1, they may notice Hedin and Chuggs were voted only by flipped townies and neutral(and Kalor), but they need the extra time

lokiduck

Reki don't warn them to be cautious :< We have 50 minutes, it's okay to turbo now :<

I'm so nervous. This is honestly most nervous I have been in mafia. D: And I was a potential Vig that every day at 2 hours before day start had to get up to find out if I was shooting anyone in the face or not.

That and I want to get lunch :<

lokiduck

Aww i just remembered that I felt happy when Chuggs said he reads me as town and now I know he is scum, boo
LOL In my first ever game I was his first ever town read in that game. At the time I was happy because I was worried about being scumread too much (I was town LOL), but later i realized he was pocketing me.

The only reason I ended up scum reading him is because my partner Ketkat knocked me upside the head.

lokiduck

Replying to Reki's question in a message since they asked me to reply to it here :p
Does my overacted Stove push look convincent? The wagon's already dead but I liked the earlier discussion it generated.
I'm mainly just dancing because I really didn't want Stove lunched.

Besides that it was a perfectly valid push and scum was even considering voting there. So sorry it didn't work out Reki :<

Verelios

Were-elios
VA makes a lot of sense, but I'm afraid it's a bit too late for the Jman crowd. Hagi's role doesn't matter, asking what iy could be is obfuscating the situation and would be better answered at lunch.

lokiduck

LOL Scum worried about having three scummies on Jman because they are still worried about tomorrow.

Meanwhile they are about to win this possibly.

lokiduck

I feel like no one is budging from their vote and while LP might do something, I think the conversation sadly is pretty much settled today.

Sooooooo COME ON CHUGGS, DO A GAMBIT AND END THE DAY. COME ON BUDDY, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO. >:D

lokiduck

Ok LP, you can vote for Hagi now...
If he does that, Chuggs probably just moves to Jman fulfilling what he said he was going to do. XD

Considering how town read Hedin is, he may do it considering they can risk losing him.

lokiduck

LP Voted Chuggs \o/

We good. Mind you he wants to vote Jman, and conversation is basically over so why not end it LP? D: <

LP[/quote said:
If there's a fourth it's between Hagi, Kalor, and Salva.

Stan's claim is somewhat airtight (unless we wanna go down the Stardew Valley scum messenger rabbit hole), and I expect Reki and Hedin to die soon.
They'll die in 10 minutes in fact.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
No it doesn't Vere.

Roc is winning and as a result scum wins.

5 T 1 N 4 S
Town dead, Neutral wins
4 T 4 S
There's 11 players left though.

6 Town / 4 Scum / 1 Neutral

Town gone, Neutral gone

5 Town / 4 Scum

If LP gets a save, then it's still 5/4 tomorrow.

lokiduck

There are 6 town: Reki, VA, Stan, LP, Kalor and jman
Oh shit. You guys are right.

I was correctly remembering all the people I just got the number wrong for some reason. :<

I think I was counting the number they'll be if Jman is lunched.

lokiduck

So LP may have failed with the vote, but maybe town can still have a shot... if he chooses correctly.

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE LP can't protect a player on consecutive nights and he protected Hedin last night, so town has a shot.

ALSO MY FAVORITE ROLE I MADE THIS GAME FOR WON

lokiduck

Welp guys sorry i missed the turbo :< I was making my comment.

Last edited:

lokiduck

After the day end you should ask players to submit actions to start next day asap I think so we don't waste 24h biting our nails
Yep I said as much in Stove's flip. Man his music is such sweet victory music for him.
I feel like I should be happy for Stove if he wins but he's basically won by doing nothing lol
Isn't that how most neutrals win in our games? ;)
no stove flip?
I posted it right after, I wanted to draw out the suspense. :p

Top Bottom