Scum Thread The Beast Pack Hideout - Scum Thread

Welcome to Kirby and the Forgotten Land Mini Mafia scum thread!

You are free to post your PMs and discuss.

Have fun!

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Hello team!

Welcome, MrHedin! You're a Mafia Roleblocker!

Abilities:
  • Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partners through the designated Outer Mafia thread. (I'll provide a link once the thread is available)
  • Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partners may perform the factional kill.
  • Roleblock: Each night phase, you individually may perform a roleblock on another player in the game. You cannot block and kill in the same night.
Win Condition:
  • You win when the Mafia obtain a majority or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Hello, I am a goon and I think we need to do the math and simply try not to die. No fancy play. Don’t die.
Or feel free to bus me. That’s always worth some cred.

Nomad Sparkster

This is some wild shit maynard
Monkey has a brainlinkTM to Sorian so all she has to do is channel her inner Sorian and voila instascum!monkey

Nomad Sparkster

If I can go this entire game with out fucking up which posts go whereever I should get a cookie

that kind of coherency is HAAARD

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
just goon

Ok we're looking at TTT or TTTT depending on SK which would add up to 3-4 town roles, again depending on SK. Potential Setups:

Setup A:

6 Vanilla town
4 Power Town
3 Scum

Setup B:

6 Vanilla Town
3 Power Town
3 Scum
1 SK

With Setup A we would win at the conclusion Day 4 assuming all of us survive and we do not have have a kill get blocked.

Setup B is harder to figure because the SK can knock us off plus we need to get the SK out as well.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Actually I have that wrong.

Setup A with TTTT should be:

7 Vanilla Town
3 Power Town
3 Scum

Setup B with TTT should be:

5 Vanilla Town
4 Power Town
3 Scum
1 SK

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Anyway, as for SK- we need to find them. We are all juicy SK targets. But other than that, I’m just gonna try to forget I’m mafia and not post a bunch.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Yep, no need to claim at all. We might eventually need to figure out claims when we get towards late game but for the start you shouldn't even worry about it.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Damnit I didn't want nin dead, wanted more information from someone else flipping, but what are you going to do when he didn't even bother to vote. Maybe since VA didn't claim he could be vanilla too?

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Player list:

HP
EC
feps
Hawthorn
Stan
Fanto
VA
Nin - Vanilla
Eddy
malus

I think we should target whoever is most likely to do a cop check on Monkey because any experienced player is going to cop check Monkey tonight or tomorrow night. We can kill one and I can block one so that gives us two chances to stop that from happening.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
The lack of interaction in the thread was so painful. Part of me wanted to keep it dead but also needed to get mixed in there.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Yeah it's going to be harder to get a push on VA going forward too. I think HP is going to be the easiest push, he did not have a good day.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Player list:

HP
EC
feps
Hawthorn
Stan
Fanto
VA
Nin - Vanilla
Eddy
malus

I think we should target whoever is most likely to do a cop check on Monkey because any experienced player is going to cop check Monkey tonight or tomorrow night. We can kill one and I can block one so that gives us two chances to stop that from happening.
Yep. My fears here are: one of you two getting got by an SK or one of us getting copped. We are alllllll good cop targets. If Fanto is cop she is checking me already.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Yeah it's going to be harder to get a push on VA going forward too. I think HP is going to be the easiest push, he did not have a good day.
Yeah, HP and malus look horrible today so day wise, we are good.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I think Fanto is a good kill choice, seemed to be the most town read along with me today.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
She is also a strong doctor target. But she will continue to be. Killing her also really reduces movement in the thread. She’s a great player. Without her, I think we have strong control.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
One think that helps: we did not bus and were directly friendly to each other so if one of us gets copped, no easy connections happen. Community bus meta is SO strong that it gives us a layer of protection. Good job, team.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Yep, I think we're in about as good of shape as we can be after D1. Like you said we're all potential cop targets regardless but neither of us did anything to specifically warrant a cop check outside of meta and even if one of us gets caught then we're not linked in any way.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I'm in a lovely little square in one of your, oh, I don't know, hot countries, there's a light breeze coming from the East, this coffee is a buzz monster in my brain and I'm gonna need eight snipers!

This was in response to me reversing the meme and asking him how he was but the sniper mention kind of pinged me. It's a Dr. Who quote but seems like an odd pull maybe.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Feel pretty likely that VA is vanilla, he was fine going to avoid a tie. Don't think a town PR would do that.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Okay, I'm sorry, very late.

EC I can see as a PR; it would not impact him particularly in any way and I agree that was an odd quote. If he's SK he's a total wildcard.

Which reminds me, breadcrumb meta is SO STRONG. we should look for any clues.

I agree with you about VA. I think he's probably vanilla and now I just have to pocket him very hard and Vincent, friend, buddy, partner, pal... I'm sorry. You're first mafia chair in my heart. Now get in this pocket.

If I had to guess, I'd guess Stan is vanilla.

HP felt very odd all phase. I would not be surprised if he is a PR. feps was very cautious and frustrated at the slightest scum read; he could be a PR. That early worry about not being there at day end, too. I know he's had a lot of problems there in the past, worse than Stan, maybe, but it felt like he was perpetually more worried than he needed to be.

Fanto... idk. I think she just has to die. Sorry, Fanto. <3 You're just too good.

malus is the one I'm not sure about. he had some very weird reads - almost exactly some of the same things I was saying, but avoided detail even when asked and kept me in the middle even though we were very mindmeldy. He could be a PR.

Yeah, I think malus and feps are my big guesses, though I'd say also maybe HP. But I want to reread Thorny especially for breadcrumbs. Also, Thorny learning to use gifs is the most adorable thing. <3

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Y'know, Fanto could be the cop. She was willing to give me a pass beyond the joke vote without even a GLANCE and Fanto and I have a very fraught history. But if she's the cop, no need to worry; she can check me and she'll know. (I could also be just very paranoid.)

I'm gonna go ISO her.

Nomad Sparkster

Trying to read EC is hard as hell

Fanto is always nai on day one

everyone else is just ugh

Im probably being voted off day 2

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
EC I can see as a PR; it would not impact him particularly in any way and I agree that was an odd quote. If he's SK he's a total wildcard.

EC would have fun as an SK.

Which reminds me, breadcrumb meta is SO STRONG. we should look for any clues.

I did not pick up on any other crumbs but another set of eyes on that always helps. I generally only notice the crumbs in hindsight though.

I agree with you about VA. I think he's probably vanilla and now I just have to pocket him very hard and Vincent, friend, buddy, partner, pal... I'm sorry. You're first mafia chair in my heart. Now get in this pocket.

That's what friends are for, having each others back even if one of them is a brutal murderer.

HP felt very odd all phase. I would not be surprised if he is a PR. feps was very cautious and frustrated at the slightest scum read; he could be a PR. That early worry about not being there at day end, too. I know he's had a lot of problems there in the past, worse than Stan, maybe, but it felt like he was perpetually more worried than he needed to be.

HP is definitely off. Whether or not that is due to RL busy or role I'm not sure but something is up there. Wouldn't want to target him tonight unless we were confident of a PR since I think he's going to be a big push candidate tomorrow. Feps I'm not sure what the deal was, he definitely was frustrated at being lightly scum read. And his instistence of pushing me without engaging me was off too, I didn't want to get too confrontational there to get some eyeballs but I might have to tomorrow if it keeps up.

Fanto... idk. I think she just has to die. Sorry, Fanto. <3 You're just too good.

Yep even though she likes me right now she needs to get the boot, probably needs the free time to work on another game anyways.

malus is the one I'm not sure about. he had some very weird reads - almost exactly some of the same things I was saying, but avoided detail even when asked and kept me in the middle even though we were very mindmeldy. He could be a PR.

Yeah, I think malus and feps are my big guesses, though I'd say also maybe HP. But I want to reread Thorny especially for breadcrumbs. Also, Thorny learning to use gifs is the most adorable thing. <3

Malus is always one I struggle with because he usually plays things close to the vest. I think if he is still cagey tomorrow then we have to consider looking there. I loved Thorny asking where we find gifs, she's an innocent soul that has not be corrupted by too much internet usage.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
>Roleblock Fanto
>Nightkill EC

ez pz

That's one possibility if we think Fanto is going to draw doc protection. It all depends who the doc might be, Monkey is certainly a usual candidate for a D1 heal and then Hawthorn and I were both up there on the town reads as well.

I think you're going to be ok tomorrow. HP is going to take some heat and maybe malus as well. Eddy was gone that last calendar day and while I definitely don't want to be combative with a new player it's going to get him some looks. I think you'll just need to offer up some more reads here and there and that should suffice.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member

Nah, Sparks, you're totally safe for now unless you get cop checked. I think you were fine, and HP is going to be prime target for everyone tomorrow. Tomorrow's wagons will be VA, HP, and malus I bet, unless someone gets a cop check. I don't think you need to do anything special at all. Just talk to people. Vibe. Ask questions, give opinions when you got them. Lay low. You're in a great position.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
I'll hunt for breadcrumbs but my suggestion for targets are Fanto and feps. Don't really care which gets what but I think those two are good shots.
What are the possible power roles here? just basics for town? I haven't looked in so long.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Cop - 14%
Masons - 9%
Doc - 9%
Vig - 9%
Roleblocker - 4%

Could have multiple of those, would have 3 or 4 total depending on SK.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
oh god, masons are possible? hmm. I didn't notice anyone hard defending anyone else outside of maybe me? lol? so maybe not but gosh I hope not. masons are a bad time.

While a vigilante + SK could be helpful, in reality we'd probably just die lol. But no offense, definitely praying for a vig to take out VA.

Hmm. HP holding off and talking about tomorrow could be a clue. He was definitely weirdly stalling, unless it really was just a time thing. But he seemed super cagey. I don't want to kill him, but he maybe could be a good block. hmm.

A town roleblocker MIGHT target me if there is one. I should probably not carry the kill.

fake edit: okay, so if we don't have masons... god, now I'm praying for only one cop. fml

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
After sleeping on it I'm still good with killing Fanto, I will accept either the LiS flicking off or taking a dump gifs and wear them proudly.

I'm not totally sure on the block. I would rather cop fish than hit a possible vig so maybe leave EC alone tonight. Malus and feps are both decent options, I guess probably feps because if he is a cop then chances are that he checks me with how he was acting yesterday.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Block: feps

I guess Sparks is probably better than you for doing the kill on the small chance town has a roleblocker as well?

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I'm going to be in and out until lock time (and I'll be missing the start of the day) so I'm going to go ahead and put this in, Febe please tell me if this is not acceptable to do.

Sparks Kill: Fanto

Feel free to change if you want.

heymonkey

Known Roblox Expert
Staff member
Yeah, that's good I think if it's okay with you, Sparks. I think you're less likely to get roleblocked than I am, but either way, I think it's a pretty slim chance. But it feels like the only thing we can control! Can't wait for day start to find out one of us is dead and the other two both got copped.
:thisisfine:

If the seas are somehow smooth, then let's just be chill and keep doing what we are doing. Had an excellent d1, my dudes. I believe in us!

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Yep if nothing else we might have an SK to hunt down as well which will help our reads.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Hi Wizard! Just got caught up on the day, interesting end. Still have family over so won't be around for a bit yet, we're in a tough spot but definitely not an impossible one.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Player list:

HP - 1-shot doc
EC
feps - doctor
Hawthorn/Sneeks - N1 Green check
Stan
Fanto - SK
VA/Leo - Vanilla
Nin - Vanilla
Eddy/Random - doctor
malus

Setup wise it depends if Eddy/Random and feps are both unlimited or if one of them is a 1-shot. If both are unlimited there are no more town PRs, if one is a 1-shot then there is a chance for another. Even if one of them is 1-shot there isn't enough room for a second cop, I'm almost positive that we are safe from a check unless HP lied about 1-shot (and I doubt he would have claimed if he was unlimited).

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
ECTxW0gXUAIf2lv.jpg

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Our problem is this: there are getting to be too many claimed and cleared players. After our kill there will be 8 players left, two will be safe based on claims so we will be 2/4 out of potentials.

We have to take out the docs, you can kill one and I block the other.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
One think that helps: we did not bus and were directly friendly to each other so if one of us gets copped, no easy connections happen. Community bus meta is SO strong that it gives us a layer of protection. Good job, team.
Sorry if I messed up the game plan by bussing Hedin a bit here, my thought process was that being down a member scum we would be less likely to bus and trying to push Hedin while the top wagons are tied up town would look weird but honestly I might have messed up this time phase with limited playtime.
I did not pick up on any other crumbs but another set of eyes on that always helps. I generally only notice the crumbs in hindsight though.
I didn't get a single thing on looking at day 1 fresh. Not even for the claimed PRs

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Player list:

HP - 1-shot doc
EC
feps - doctor
Stan
Fanto - SK
VA/Leo - Vanilla
Nin - Vanilla
Eddy/Random - doctor
malus

Setup wise it depends if Eddy/Random and feps are both unlimited or if one of them is a 1-shot. If both are unlimited there are no more town PRs, if one is a 1-shot then there is a chance for another. Even if one of them is 1-shot there isn't enough room for a second cop, I'm almost positive that we are safe from a check unless HP lied about 1-shot (and I doubt he would have claimed if he was unlimited).
Yeah one good thing is the feps vote gave us the whole roster. I think town are being entirely truthful to their detriment. If one of the docs is 1-shot, then the last role could be:
C - HP has extra shots (didn't seem like it)
B - Blocker
V - One shot vig

If it's a 1 shot vig I think we need to leave them up to maybe hit town for us. But I think mostly likely we have two full doctors.

So night 1 obviously sucked for us, but the day phases are alright. I have some heat, but I am the goon so that might be okay. Nin and Leo aren't particularly informative, although Monkey being third wagon d1 sucks a little.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
TTTTTTT = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
Impossible that there is a single scum and no PRs with 3 claims out there.
TTTTTT = Goon + Godfather
No SK
TTTTT = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
Impossible that there is a single scum and only 2 PRs with 3 claims out there.
TTTT = 2 Goons + Roleblocker
No SK
TTT = 2 Goons + Roleblocker, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
Possible if all claims are taken at face value.
TT = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather
No SK
T = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
Possible if there is 2 unclaimed town roles.
0 Ts = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather
No SK

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
I was hoping there was a world where scum had a godfather but not a roleblocker, and we could consider keeping the docs alone to open up that possibility.
The closest is:
TTTTT = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
which would need one of Hp/Rando/feps to be lying. If both docs claim unlimited, the liar would need to be one of the docs.

Not sure if there is anything there.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Sorry if I messed up the game plan by bussing Hedin a bit here, my thought process was that being down a member scum we would be less likely to bus and trying to push Hedin while the top wagons are tied up town would look weird but honestly I might have messed up this time phase with limited playtime.

Perfectly OK, might even work in our favor that you have slightly different opinions than Monkey.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I think we have to take out the docs but the question is which one? I can make an argument for either.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Perfectly OK, might even work in our favor that you have slightly different opinions than Monkey.
Yeah I know it is probably fine at the end of the day, just wanna do the slot justice cause I think both you and Monkey were playing well before I joined, it was tough not having a day scum chat.
Our problem is this: there are getting to be too many claimed and cleared players. After our kill there will be 8 players left, two will be safe based on claims so we will be 2/4 out of potentials.

We have to take out the docs, you can kill one and I block the other.
HP - 1-shot doc
EC
feps - doctor
Stan
Fanto - SK
VA/Leo - Vanilla
Nin - Vanilla
Eddy/Random - doctor
malus

I think our best hope is to become 2/4, the solo path is trickier.

n2 8 after our NK
d3 7 if we get a misvote
n3 6 another NK
d4 5 another misvote
n4 4 final NK

Potentially we kill one doc and then the other and get 2/3 of EC/malus/Stan. That doesn't sound so bad, but we will be in the POE with 2 of those 3. Also town can no vote on day 4 and force us into a final 5 where one of the 5 is soft-confirmed or cleared.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
I think we have to take out the docs but the question is which one? I can make an argument for either.
Rando is scumreading me, a kill there could look convenient. But of the two, he looks more town. Feps claimed under vote pressure.
Honestly a tough call. I think I would still kill Rando and see if anyone pushes feps tomorrow. Even though 2 docs is fine in this setup, I think town will still feel it is "off" and that feps claim looked bad.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Interestingly feps never mentioned being informed of being blocked last night.

I think we kill Random, he was just really active and trying to push things along. I'm halfway tempted to 5D chess this and suggest killing Sneeks but that seems too risky.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
I think we kill Random, he was just really active and trying to push things along. I'm halfway tempted to 5D chess this and suggest killing Sneeks but that seems too risky.
Kills Sneeks > Vote Feps > Kill Rando has some appeal.
We are Sneeks top town and Randos top scum, so reversing that kill tonight keeps WIFOM high. Claimed doctors living overnight is big FUD

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I just don't know how likely it is to get a vote on feps. Some of the people that I expected to vote there never did but there wasn't really any momentum that direction before hs claim.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Kill: Randomless
Hedin block: feps

This is a solid plan A I think. I'll mull it over a bit more, but my inclination is that town have a bad habit of discarding dead town reads and so the Sneeks kill wouldn't be significantly better than Rando for us.
Since you can't block and kill the same night and I can't block at all if you die, leaving 2 doctors out in the open seems risky.

I don't know think feps or Rando help get each other voted if both kept alive. Feps might still vote Rando, not sure about the other way around.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Yep that set of orders works for me. I'm running on like 9 hours of sleep from the past two nights so I'm going to be calling it early tonight, will post some game state thoughts tomorrow.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Interestingly feps never mentioned being informed of being blocked last night.
From the rules, he wouldn't
No notifications unless they are necessary:
  • Players will not receive a notification if roleblocked.
  • Doctors will not receive a notification if their heal works.
It does say vig shots are refunded, not sure about 1-shot doctor shots.

The weird thing is that feps claim hurts town. If he had kept quiet and left the tie, we would likely kill rando and block someone else. There is a world in which he is lying and is VT, hoping the real 2nd doctor protects Rando and he eats the block?
Looks less likely to me with his Eddy push, that did feel like town with someone else claiming the same role. Plus he'd be taking a guess that there is a 2nd doc and correctly claiming into something with the right number of PRs.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
The pool of people that voted with me:
Monkey (Townie, potential night kill, potential check later in game)
Hedin (Townie, unlikely night kill, potential check later in game)

The pool of people that voted for Nin
Hawthorn (lower post count that typically, part of start of push on Nin, unlikely night kill, would check today)
Stan (fairly Townie, possible night kill?, would check later in game)
Sparks (n/a, possible night kill)
VA (self-pres, unlikely night kill, could solve to make day 2 simpler)
Fanto (late move/avoiding tie?, Townie, potential later game check)

Off wagon
Malus (fairly low engagement, would solve problem for later in game, would check today)
EC (fairly typical EC play, feels Townie, wouldn't check atm)
Eddy (seems typical newbie, feels okay, wouldn't check atm)
Feps (fairly under radar, seems okay?, would consider later in game
Hmm what is this potential check later in the game stuff from HP? Is it just saying if he saved his shot, he would check these players out later on?

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Look through things we would have two more night phases left if we both make it through. Probably need to kill feps next to be safe and then have to kill Sawneeks from the green check. Could play around with it a bit since I could still block him from healing but that might be the safest path. Definitely if one of us goes then feps should be the first target, the docs can't heal themselves so we know that will be a safe kill.

I think most focus will likely be on malus and EC today. I don't think we will need to bus at all yet but it's fine to give each other a little pressure if warranted, just gotta make sure it doesn't snowball and bring more people on board. We're not going to have the chat to discuss whether we need to flip to an actual bus so we're just going to have to go with our guts here.

Hmm what is this potential check later in the game stuff from HP? Is it just saying if he saved his shot, he would check these players out later on?

I think he was running through a hypothetical check but yeah that phrasing a bit hmmm.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
  • HP - top town: Sneeks, ??? top scum: malus, Wizard
  • EC - top town: Wizard, Hedin top scum: malus, HP?
    • Note: I expect to drop from town to scum for EC tomorrow with my Leo vote and the Rando kill.
  • Feps - top town: Hp, Sneeks top scum: Ec, Hedin?
    • Note: feps was scum reading Leo/Eddy, killing both might not look a scum kill from a team w/ him.
  • Sneeks - top town: HP, Wizard, Hedin top scum: feps, malus
  • Stan - top town: Sneeks and ?? top scum: Feps, EC, Wizard
  • Rando: top town: Hp, Sneeks top scum: Wizard, Hedin, Malus
  • malus: ??? Had suspicion on feps and HP d1, was moving off feps - not sure how he feels about claim. I think he might sus EC a little still.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Predicted wagons today:
  • Me - mostly from people scum reading Monkey, but my EoD vote on Leo kinda sucked. I regret using the phrase "clear up", makes it sound like I knew Leo was town
    • My defense will be that people are talking around me rather than asking me directly and I thought breaking the tie was pro-town given feps claim.
  • EC - bad vote on Leo, decent amount of suspicion on him
  • malus - absent EoD, high amount of sus across the roster
  • feps - Depends on how rest of town + you feel about his claim. Stan, Sneeks, malus and you had no time to react to it.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Personally I would rather get the more difficult vote out of the way today and ideally for me that would mean getting feps out preferably by town more so than by us.

I wanna defend: Stan, feps (unconvincingly)
I wanna push: EC, Hedin (unconvincingly), malus

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Look through things we would have two more night phases left if we both make it through. Probably need to kill feps next to be safe and then have to kill Sawneeks from the green check. Could play around with it a bit since I could still block him from healing but that might be the safest path. Definitely if one of us goes then feps should be the first target, the docs can't heal themselves so we know that will be a safe kill.

I think most focus will likely be on malus and EC today. I don't think we will need to bus at all yet but it's fine to give each other a little pressure if warranted, just gotta make sure it doesn't snowball and bring more people on board. We're not going to have the chat to discuss whether we need to flip to an actual bus so we're just going to have to go with our guts here.
Yep for night phases we can stick within the claimers and the green check. I think right now I would prefer Sneeks to feps tomorrow, but it'll depend largely on the day phase. If all claims are complete, your block only needs to go to feps after tonight.

Agreed on malus and EC wagons. Slight with a twist flashbacks there since we could get a win from malus -> EC or vice versa.

RE: bussing, the solo win is trickier but not by much.

n2 8 after our NK
d3 7 one of us goes
n3 6 another NK
d4 5 a misvote
n4 4 a night kill
d5 final 3, must convince 1 town to vote with the last one of us

Seems like we need 2 misvotes either way?

My only preference on a bus is if we do it, do it well. The number one thing that doesn't look like a bus to me is interactive questioning, since that is harder to fake. Look at Stan jumping on Spark's nin vote day 1 for example. I feel like if one of us slips, better to pounce and play out a conversation where the bus victim is trying to defend against the pressure conveys more town cred than hopping on a wagon with some steam behind it already.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Yep for night phases we can stick within the claimers and the green check. I think right now I would prefer Sneeks to feps tomorrow, but it'll depend largely on the day phase. If all claims are complete, your block only needs to go to feps after tonight.

Agreed on malus and EC wagons. Slight with a twist flashbacks there since we could get a win from malus -> EC or vice versa.

RE: bussing, the solo win is trickier but not by much.

n2 8 after our NK
d3 7 one of us goes
n3 6 another NK
d4 5 a misvote
n4 4 a night kill
d5 final 3, must convince 1 town to vote with the last one of us

Seems like we need 2 misvotes either way?

Correct, just if we're both still there that gives us some final day wriggle room.

My only preference on a bus is if we do it, do it well. The number one thing that doesn't look like a bus to me is interactive questioning, since that is harder to fake. Look at Stan jumping on Spark's nin vote day 1 for example. I feel like if one of us slips, better to pounce and play out a conversation where the bus victim is trying to defend against the pressure conveys more town cred than hopping on a wagon with some steam behind it already.

Agree, if you are going to do it then do it. Interactions and arguing is the key, you can't just plop a vote down and be good.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
And to be clear, I'm not sure we need to do it today but just need to keep reading the game to see if we need it.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
That said, I would prefer not to bus successfully. I want to grill you because my PoE will be you, Hedin and malus. Most likely if we do get to final 6, I will have a PoE of X + Hedin, Y+ Hedin, X +Y and I either need to come down on you without bringing others along, or decided that X is scummier.

Some other general game thoughts
Fake claims:
I think we are out of room here. You have a little more options, because you didn't get to respond to feps last night. If we flip Rando, we confirm -1 Ts. Since people generally believe HP, that is -1T.
If those were the only PRs, all claims can be truthful in a 3T universe
If there was an extra 1-letter PR: if feps claims unlimited, all claims can't be true. Feps vs claimee 1:1 trade
If there was an extra 2-letter PR: if feps claims unlimited, we can be in the 1T universe which means godfather roleblocker.

Potential 2-letter claims:
DD - a third doctor, but a third doc would prob protect Rando, so another 1:1 trade with feps
VV - a vigilante. VA wasn't a bad shot n1, but there's no excuse for missing n2 with both docs likely on each other.
MM - Need 2 people, impossible
CC - a 2nd cop, would need a convincing check n1 and n2, both green. Opens the most possibilities, but could be a tough sell.

Safest remains to pretend to be VT as the claimees have the most town cred anyway and the VT pool has some good suspects but 2 cops in a maybe-godfather universe is kind of a funny way to wreak havoc.

Activity
If we kill Rando, Sneeks and feps are probably the top town voices. It could be helpful to have them be the most visible and leading the vote. Not so much that we look like we are hiding, but there is a weird backlash against people trying to play town leader. I think people are afraid of being tricked by someone they town read more than letting a scum read slip by.
Basically just feel it out and adjust, first two day phases weren't great for town from a discussion and vote standpoint so let's keep the onus on them to step up.

Limited communication
We could maybe use some codewords to help with our lack of day chat.
e.g If I say "this post / logic is giving me a migraine" and quote you, that will be an indication that I want you to bus me and I don't mind getting flipped (I do think between the two of us I am probably the better bus, but again let's default to avoiding it)
or if I use the word "weak" in a post with a vote on a towny, that towny is my preferred EoD vote.

Fake partners
Since we are both in the pool of suspicion, it will be hard for us to avoid each other completely. To mitigate this, I suggest we pick a fake partner - someone that we tenuously link back to if we are scum read. This will help avoiding connecting to each other through PoE (e.g we grill all the townys and avoid each other)
I think I will choose malus. I will still suspect him, but avoid talking directly too much and not add meaningful pressure. Meanwhile I interact and prod EC and you more.
I also wouldn't mind looking like a feps partner if he gets good pressure today.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
That said, I would prefer not to bus successfully. I want to grill you because my PoE will be you, Hedin and malus. Most likely if we do get to final 6, I will have a PoE of X + Hedin, Y+ Hedin, X +Y and I either need to come down on you without bringing others along, or decided that X is scummier.

Some other general game thoughts
Fake claims:
I think we are out of room here. You have a little more options, because you didn't get to respond to feps last night. If we flip Rando, we confirm -1 Ts. Since people generally believe HP, that is -1T.
If those were the only PRs, all claims can be truthful in a 3T universe
If there was an extra 1-letter PR: if feps claims unlimited, all claims can't be true. Feps vs claimee 1:1 trade
If there was an extra 2-letter PR: if feps claims unlimited, we can be in the 1T universe which means godfather roleblocker.

Potential 2-letter claims:
DD - a third doctor, but a third doc would prob protect Rando, so another 1:1 trade with feps
VV - a vigilante. VA wasn't a bad shot n1, but there's no excuse for missing n2 with both docs likely on each other.
MM - Need 2 people, impossible
CC - a 2nd cop, would need a convincing check n1 and n2, both green. Opens the most possibilities, but could be a tough sell.

Safest remains to pretend to be VT as the claimees have the most town cred anyway and the VT pool has some good suspects but 2 cops in a maybe-godfather universe is kind of a funny way to wreak havoc.

If it's just the DDD then we're good, everyone else will be vanilla so claiming won't really matter. If we see Rando was a 1-shot then that opens up a little room for someone else. But even then whoever that last slot is would claim and then it would be a thunderdome situation. Best just to claim vanilla and go with it.

Activity
If we kill Rando, Sneeks and feps are probably the top town voices. It could be helpful to have them be the most visible and leading the vote. Not so much that we look like we are hiding, but there is a weird backlash against people trying to play town leader. I think people are afraid of being tricked by someone they town read more than letting a scum read slip by.
Basically just feel it out and adjust, first two day phases weren't great for town from a discussion and vote standpoint so let's keep the onus on them to step up.

I should be much more active today as well, this past weekend was just an unusually busy one for me (D1 I was second with Monkey with most posts).

Limited communication
We could maybe use some codewords to help with our lack of day chat.
e.g If I say "this post / logic is giving me a migraine" and quote you, that will be an indication that I want you to bus me and I don't mind getting flipped (I do think between the two of us I am probably the better bus, but again let's default to avoiding it)
or if I use the word "weak" in a post with a vote on a towny, that towny is my preferred EoD vote.

I like that idea. We'll keep it like that, just mention a migraine/headache/this is making my head hurt trying to figure out type thing with the bus call.

Fake partners
Since we are both in the pool of suspicion, it will be hard for us to avoid each other completely. To mitigate this, I suggest we pick a fake partner - someone that we tenuously link back to if we are scum read. This will help avoiding connecting to each other through PoE (e.g we grill all the townys and avoid each other)
I think I will choose malus. I will still suspect him, but avoid talking directly too much and not add meaningful pressure. Meanwhile I interact and prod EC and you more.
I also wouldn't mind looking like a feps partner if he gets good pressure today.

It might be easier for you as you're coming in fresher but I haven't really buddied up with anyone (maybe slightly Monkey) so it would be odd for me to do so now.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
It might be easier for you as you're coming in fresher but I haven't really buddied up with anyone (maybe slightly Monkey) so it would be odd for me to do so now.
Yeah I think what you are doing so far is working in terms of being town read and the claims give nice cover for why you won't get nightkilled.

Only other things to cover:
- how would you feel about my slot if you were town and didn't know my alignment? I guess you were town reading monkey and we didn't overlap much in the game thread, so you have some freedom there.
- same question for how you would feel about the feps claim since you didn't have time to react to it
- Any narratives forming from the wagons?
It's not great that we are both on town Leo D1, but the other voters here are all over the place. I'll go with scum probably spread since stacking only shades stan and Sneeks. I'll probably dig on your VA vote and the trains of one.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Yeah I think what you are doing so far is working in terms of being town read and the claims give nice cover for why you won't get nightkilled.

Only other things to cover:
- how would you feel about my slot if you were town and didn't know my alignment? I guess you were town reading monkey and we didn't overlap much in the game thread, so you have some freedom there.

I would have pushed back on you when you were pinging me if I was around, I'm probably going to do that a little bit at the start of the day so just a heads up. I think it's good that you were aren't on the same page that Monkey was with regards to me, we were taking the path of positively reading each other but having someone new come and and reanalyzing is a good thing for us.

- same question for how you would feel about the feps claim since you didn't have time to react to it

Honestly I don't know. I would have gone into the mechanics talk but I was also reading Leo fairly town. I probably would have tried to get another wagon going, maybe malus? I'm actually kind of glad that I was legit busy and didn't have a chance to recheck in.

- Any narratives forming from the wagons?
It's not great that we are both on town Leo D1, but the other voters here are all over the place. I'll go with scum probably spread since stacking only shades stan and Sneeks. I'll probably dig on your VA vote and the trains of one.

So far but there was only 1 day, could be more going in. I had shifted my thinking on Leo after D1 ended and I had him high on my list so I don't think that D1 vote for me is going to really affect me.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Actions lock in 20 (they leave the chat open until the day starts), I'm still good with it as I think getting rid of Random is our best move right now.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Yeah I think this is the way to go. Best plan B I saw was to block kill HP and block Rando.

+ Better if feps is bluffing
+ Better if HP has a second cop shot
+ Helps shade the doc slots against each other

- Randos presence post and vote wise is a negative for us
- Limits Sneeks to godfather only
- Greater risk of having 2 real docs in end game

If I knew for sure that killing HP would get one of the docs killed today, I might go for it.
Biggest con is how annoying alive Rando is likely to be. On one hand I wouldn't mind the argument with him, but we were scum together in what a twist and this game has a similar trajectory so his case on me could be strong.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Biggest pain on a feps case is the role math is in his favor. Will be interesting to see the split on logic/emotion there.
Logic says if he's lying there's an unclaimed PR lurking who can catch him out or he's a solo godfather trying to pass off as a doc until endgame - very unlikely
Emotion says he claimed to save himself and in doing so got himself blocked and Rando killed.

I do wish the setup was slightly more flexible there, but it is what it is with a sk/goon death n1

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
I'm going to take it easy at day start and see where people's heads are at. Will probably try to get answers from the people who I pinged yesterday.
You had one post where you said it was frustrating that people weren't answering your questions, I might ask for some examples there at some point and generally just keep some dialogue between us that seems unnecessary as Scum/Scum.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
If HP has another cop shot and red checks us we just have to eat it. If it's a green, hopefully we can look outside of it.
If there's a one shot vig let's hope they shot town.

Some doubt on the claims is good because taking everything at face value could look like informed scum who know the claims add up on the setup already.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Biggest pain on a feps case is the role math is in his favor. Will be interesting to see the split on logic/emotion there.
Logic says if he's lying there's an unclaimed PR lurking who can catch him out or he's a solo godfather trying to pass off as a doc until endgame - very unlikely
Emotion says he claimed to save himself and in doing so got himself blocked and Rando killed.

I do wish the setup was slightly more flexible there, but it is what it is with a sk/goon death n1

After his claim his Eddy grilling made a little more sense. It's going to be hard for me to push an argument against him I think. In a setup like this claims really put scum in a bind as there is less manuever room.

I'm going to take it easy at day start and see where people's heads are at. Will probably try to get answers from the people who I pinged yesterday.
You had one post where you said it was frustrating that people weren't answering your questions, I might ask for some examples there at some point and generally just keep some dialogue between us that seems unnecessary as Scum/Scum.

I'm going to try to be active at the start, have some free time them unless something happens with work.

If HP has another cop shot and red checks us we just have to eat it. If it's a green, hopefully we can look outside of it.
If there's a one shot vig let's hope they shot town.

Some doubt on the claims is good because taking everything at face value could look like informed scum who know the claims add up on the setup already.

If its a vig then I think its EC and I doubt he shoots me at least. If HP is an unlimited cop then he's a sneaky bastard claiming like that and I'm not going to feel bad killing him tomorrow.

Top Bottom