Scum Thread The Beast Pack Hideout - Scum Thread

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Limited communication
We could maybe use some codewords to help with our lack of day chat.
e.g If I say "this post / logic is giving me a migraine" and quote you, that will be an indication that I want you to bus me and I don't mind getting flipped (I do think between the two of us I am probably the better bus, but again let's default to avoiding it)
or if I use the word "weak" in a post with a vote on a towny, that towny is my preferred EoD vote.

Let's be paranoid and instead of quoting each other in this case, do it with any player regarding the headache/migraine/etc.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Yeah sure thing, and hoping it doesn't come to anyway.
I see Monkey had a firmer case on malus so maybe not something people will connect back to me. Maybe Stan then.
I think we're on the same page regarding votes anyway, best to just play naturally and see where town is headed. Good news is if the claims are true the game is information complete and we just need to float to the top of the PoE.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Salute.png

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Well played Hedin. Hope I didn't put you in too much of a bind, pushing a partner without chat is tough.
I ended up with way more town cred than I expected so probably didn't even need to push but on the plus side only feps is considering our pairing.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Thoughts on the missing letter?
HP is CC -> block HP
HP and Sneeks are MM (masons) -> block doesn't matter
Stan/EC/Sneeks are V or B -> could be in trouble here.

@Fireblend how does scum Vs town roleblock resolve if town roleblock is on the killer?

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Well played Hedin. Hope I didn't put you in too much of a bind, pushing a partner without chat is tough.
I ended up with way more town cred than I expected so probably didn't even need to push but on the plus side only feps is considering our pairing.

Man I went back and forth saying "No! We're good we don't need to bus!" to "Well, he's setting himself up really nicely if things go south for me."

Thoughts on the missing letter?
HP is CC -> block HP
HP and Sneeks are MM (masons) -> block doesn't matter
Stan/EC/Sneeks are V or B -> could be in trouble here.

@Fireblend how does scum Vs town roleblock resolve if town roleblock is on the killer?

I had thought EC could be a vig, not sure if he missed his shot or just hasn't taken it. If he is a vig then I think we leave him alone and hope he takes out a townie. We have to murder Sneeks and throw her body into deep deep deep pit just to be safe since we can't keep a green check alive going into melo.

So then the question of is the block and what to do with it. @Fireblend the role PM in the C9+ wiki that was linked in the first post does not specify whether or not the doctor could heal the same person in consecutive nights, can we safely assume you took those example PMs and feps would not have that restriction if he's the doc?

If so then I think we might have to block feps to make sure he doesn't heal Sneeks. I would rather use it on HP and maybe Stan (if we're killing Sneeks we're ok there) but I don't think we can chance not killing her.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Smart town play would be to push for a no vote tomorrow. They lose if they misvote tomorrow so if they are smart they will push it one more day to take another person out of the PoE. We should be prepared right at EOD to vote for someone if it would win over the no vote, that's a last second vote thing. Beyond that it would take 4 votes to get a majority so we'll have to be cautious there.

Also, with Sneeks out it's mainly going to be you and I that will be pushing things forward, the others aren't big talkers. I think we need to make sure we maintain a presence but if the thread is dead its dead.

So then the question of is the block and what to do with it. @Fireblend the role PM in the C9+ wiki that was linked in the first post does not specify whether or not the doctor could heal the same person in consecutive nights, can we safely assume you took those example PMs and feps would not have that restriction if he's the doc?
From the thread's OP:
  • Doctors prevent one night kill, can't self-heal and can protect the same target in consecutive nights.
Hope that helps!

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
So we have to block feps tonight I think. I would have to think he protected HP or Sneeks and a 50/50 at this stage of the game feels too risky.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
I would love to kill Sneeks because she has lost to scum in endgame the last two games and I feel bad that she had me as locked town cause I wasn't even trying to pocket.

But I think feps is the correct kill tonight? Sneeks is only confirmed by HP, feps is confirmed by the setup. Once feps is out of the way we don't need to worry about protection again.
Plus he started grilling me today, could be scarier in MeLO, and doesn't have too high as town (did say he'd feel better with you after town malus, but that just means chasing me)

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I think we have to kill Sneeks. She is a green check with no real counter to HP, he's either a full CC or there is another role so I don't think anyone is doubting his check. You could make a godfather argument but with the known claims then that setup would be impossible. But on top of that she's active and she's pushing and she's asking questions and she's going to be a complete pain to deal with right at the end.

Plus if I go before the end you can easily kill feps the last night, he won't be able to protect himself.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Kill feps, block HP
Fine if HP has an extra cop shot, at worst he has an extra green on Stan or EC from last night.
Fine if HP and Sneeks are masons (I pinged Sneeks on this and I don't think so, her response felt more like a read than a 100% clear)
If EC is the PR and it's a blocker - probably blocks you. Vig shot - could be you, could be Stan?
If Stan is the PR and it's a blocker - probably blocks you. Vig shot - prob EC, could be you
If Sneeks is the PR and it's a blocker - probably blocks you. Vig shot - prob you, though could shoot Stan/Ec

So we are probably good with a roleblocker since blocking them will cancel out and them blocking you could actually help make you look less sus. Vig shot could be bad, since the vig becomes confirmed and it becomes hard to construct a winnable final 3.

Of the unknowns, my money would be on EC - I don't think anyone else has the patience not to claim here.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Masons aren't in play I don't think, no way HP comes in hot early D2 with a fake cop check, any other cop that would be out there would have been immediately suspicious.

I think it's a really bad idea to keep a green check alive at melo, especially one as active as Sneeks. We have a good shot at winning this together, we don't need to go down last three scenarios yet. We kill Sneeks and that thread is dead tomorrow except for us. EC sounds defeated, feps is not super active, Stan has good thoughts but not super active, HP has been checked out. There is a very viable path out there and we need to be careful about not overthinking it.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
This is gonna be shocking seeing as I'm usually the person to push a mass claim but I don't think we should do one in this situation. Leaving scum guessing on the role blocker is more important IMO.
Doubt on CC since HP seems to believe in the existence of a roleblocker
Yeah tomorrow I might go along with it but today I feel is too soon.
But maybe trying to get an extra check off here.
A lot of roles have already claimed, what's to be gained from even more people claiming?
Seems like a PR question.
also keep thinking that full claiming might actually be a good idea since we have a chance to clear that up today if things didnt line up. honestly i just dont vibe with FEP ghosting, though he could be busy. i dont want to leave that until last minute before day end but i know timezone-wise FEP can only be around when im asleep so. kinda has to be. plus if things dont line up? we got something to figure out there and it's not like we can do it tomorrow if we vote bad today. hrm.
Sneeks was ready to full claim, feels more VT.
im honestly no good at the numbers for this. i thought rando's role doesn't confirm a second doc? since we dont know what else is left.
Doesn't know what else is left, T again here I think.
i'm kinda feeling wizard/hedin as our final two
feps suspects us
If Malus gets voted and flips scum, I don't think my feelings would change about Wizard. Hedin would look townier. EC and Stan wouldn't change much. I think almost anyone could potentially be a malus partner, unfortunately.
feps feels better if malus was scum, but he wasn't. So he will push both of us I think.
Think I've said everything I want to though. I still think focusing on Wiz over everyone else is a silly move and will lead us to lose. There's more reasons to town read that spot than scumread it.

Hedin still doesn't look great. If it's not malus I'd wager maybe Stan. EC I don't think so but could be wrong. Still wouldn't bet on him being scum tho.
Sneeks top suspect is gonna be Stan then you. EC and me lower.
Not true. It would just mean that person did not submit the kill. they could still be scum and done something else/not acted as the killer.
Sneeks had thought about roleblock implications a little, so potentially B here.
Not really just because the way he revealed it feels super pure and townie lol. I did notice he was quieter but not in a way I'd say is suspect. Could've pocketed me with this but I just think he's fine.
Doubt on MM.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Masons aren't in play I don't think, no way HP comes in hot early D2 with a fake cop check, any other cop that would be out there would have been immediately suspicious.

I think it's a really bad idea to keep a green check alive at melo, especially one as active as Sneeks. We have a good shot at winning this together, we don't need to go down last three scenarios yet. We kill Sneeks and that thread is dead tomorrow except for us. EC sounds defeated, feps is not super active, Stan has good thoughts but not super active, HP has been checked out. There is a very viable path out there and we need to be careful about not overthinking it.
Sorry I'm bouncing different speculation around, not trying to complicate things.
I don't think the mason / cop angle is the most likely. I think most likely EC might have a PR.

Regarding keeping a green check at MELO, both Sneeks and feps are essentially green checked.
I see it going like:
Kill feps
<mass claim, discussion, no kill>
Kill Sneeks
final 5, get Stan or EC up as the vote (only need to convince one of HP/Stan/EC)

So Sneeks won't make it to MeLo either way.

Where we differ:
feps was deflated today, but his reads and vote analysis are on the money. the malus flip might be just what he needs to make a convincing case on his. He was also the only one to pick up my claim breadcrumb and might interrogate there. He will likely look at both of us if he shows up.

Sneeks will be starting to get confirmed town fatigue. Her case and my case was dependent on Hedin/malus, with that out the window she will be considering pairs of (Stan/Hedin/malus), same as me. She is leaning Stan right now, but will likely take the time to go through things thoroughly. She'll be active but it might just amplify anti-Stan and EC noise (malus would have been harder to get today without her)
I think we could win tomorrow with Sneeks if they don't go for a no kill, less sure on feps. If they no kill, both will be dead but feps first means your block is free, Sneeks limits your block to feps and then a blocker on you becomes a problem for us if we miss our kill tonight.

The only world where we miss a kill on feps tonight is if a blocker goes on me for some reason.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I don't know that Sneeks is the type of person who is going to get cleared town fatigue. She could get frustrated but I don't see her giving up. Feps activity level just does scare me, a dead quiet town even with a no vote tomorrow is better.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Also even though we're at a strategy disagreement I just want to let you know that you are definitely killing it out there. I think you will be able to get us over the finish line even I'm not alive with you.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I wonder if EC is too detached to have a PR. I would think that if he were one he'd be a little more engaged to figure out who to use his abilitity against.

So then we would have Stan or Sneeks unless we want to entertain HP pulling a ballsy gambit. Sneeks would target me which would lean us to target feps since he can't heal himself. I think Stan would target you over me which would be a little problematic. I hate the idea of letting a green check live but maybe the play would be to kill feps and block Stan?

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
I don't know that Sneeks is the type of person who is going to get cleared town fatigue. She could get frustrated but I don't see her giving up. Feps activity level just does scare me, a dead quiet town even with a no vote tomorrow is better.
Sure, to be clear I am not underestimating Sneeks town game here she has skills and can certainly be very scary if she is pushing you. I just think the green check on feps is "brighter" via Randos flip and there's a risk feps comes in pushing us or we miss the kill tonight if the block goes sideways and town gets an extra day we can't afford.
How much are you Sneeks >>> feps?
Also even though we're at a strategy disagreement I just want to let you know that you are definitely killing it out there. I think you will be able to get us over the finish line even I'm not alive with you.
Same here! I think you've navigated things very well where most of the room sees you as town even with the early flip of Sparks.

I think we are just seeing Sneeks differently after she spent a day questioning you and townreading me.
I think Sneeks is more convincing but less likely to focus both of us exclusively. Since she's likely to work through multiple suspects she should bring up good arguments on Stan and EC that the remainder of town could latch onto. HP will likely follow Sneeks if she lands on one of those and dies next night. If not we get the full day of discussion in final 5 to convince one person to look elsewhere.
I wonder if EC is too detached to have a PR. I would think that if he were one he'd be a little more engaged to figure out who to use his abilitity against.

So then we would have Stan or Sneeks unless we want to entertain HP pulling a ballsy gambit. Sneeks would target me which would lean us to target feps since he can't heal himself. I think Stan would target you over me which would be a little problematic. I hate the idea of letting a green check live but maybe the play would be to kill feps and block Stan?
Yeah I saw some stuff that could be a Stan PR, I'll pull them up.
EC could be detached.. He had a post about a dearth of information and things feeling like day 1 so it doesn't seem like he has a block he can use to narrow down things. He was more forthcoming as Scrooge in Ducktales.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
No it really is anti town play, its narrowing scums view of who could be a power role, making it easier for them to be NKd.
This is like mafia 101 dude, theres no way you dont know this.
Anger at nin's early vanilla claim, didn't want his PR screwed up?
That is a hilarious night phase.

To the "scum wouldnt stack" idea i feel the need to point out that Sparks voted with a rational that vaguely sounded like what someone playing mafia would say, only to give a "i dunno" once pressed on the most basic reasoning behind it.
I dont think he was really strategizing that vote out.
If he were a blocker, he should have blocked Sparks or Fanto n1. Since those kills went through, likely not.
well just on PoE im down to Malus, The Wizard, Hedin, and EC as more viable scum possibilities.
If i were to brutally murder one of them in cold blood right this second it would probably be The Wizard since the only scum lean i have left with and foundation would be the monkey thing you just might have heard me mention way back who remember
This was earlier in the day, he was leaning more on EC by the end. But if he somehow has a vig shot, not of the question that he would snipe me.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Some more stuff that makes me like the Sneeks kill more right now:
- feps never claimed his protect targets. While they are unlikely to be relevant, that is information we deprive town of if he dies. (Imagine there is a 1-shot vig and they shot a protected target n1/n2 and can name that target before feps does - not good)
- No kill is good for us actually. We know our next two kills (feps -> Sneeks or Sneeks -> feps) so no kill doesn't force us to reveal anything extra. An argument to push for no kill tomorrow is that it will help confirm HP/Sneeks, since if they were scum together they would need to kill one of the unconfirmed. And killing Sneeks that night won't by itself confirm HP in final 5, but we should not expect to vote there. But final 5 is good because we need just one vote from town, with 6 we'd need 2 votes down.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Sneeks could be a blocker who blocked Monkey n1, might explain her stronger town read there beyond meta. If she is, not sure if she would be sneaky enough to block me again tonight or would go with you instead.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
This was earlier in the day, he was leaning more on EC by the end. But if he somehow has a vig shot, not of the question that he would snipe me.

I don't think Stan would be of the type that held on to a vig shot this long, I think you called it earlier where you said that EC would have the patience.

Some more stuff that makes me like the Sneeks kill more right now:
- feps never claimed his protect targets. While they are unlikely to be relevant, that is information we deprive town of if he dies. (Imagine there is a 1-shot vig and they shot a protected target n1/n2 and can name that target before feps does - not good)

Well feps has been blocked every night so far so any vig kill would have gone though against his heal target. Eddy did heal VA/Leo on N1, a vig taking a shot there wouldn't be out of the question to clear up the D1 vote but no one has really said anything about it so I'm not sure.

- No kill is good for us actually. We know our next two kills (feps -> Sneeks or Sneeks -> feps) so no kill doesn't force us to reveal anything extra. An argument to push for no kill tomorrow is that it will help confirm HP/Sneeks, since if they were scum together they would need to kill one of the unconfirmed. And killing Sneeks that night won't by itself confirm HP in final 5, but we should not expect to vote there. But final 5 is good because we need just one vote from town, with 6 we'd need 2 votes down.

I think feps and Sneeks are the kills regardless it's just a matter of order (maaaybe don't need to kill feps tomorrow night if we're both around since he could be blocked again but that would be a discussion for tomorrow night if we don't hit him now). A no kill is actually to our benefit as it would ensure no matter what one of us would be a final 3, hypothetically they could kill us in consecutive days to prevent us from getting to that spot regardless.

Sure, to be clear I am not underestimating Sneeks town game here she has skills and can certainly be very scary if she is pushing you. I just think the green check on feps is "brighter" via Randos flip and there's a risk feps comes in pushing us or we miss the kill tonight if the block goes sideways and town gets an extra day we can't afford.
How much are you Sneeks >>> feps?

I'm probably 1.5 > with Sneeks over feps. If I knew for sure town would go no vote then I would be ok with it but if there is going to be a vote then I definitely don't want the green check around.

I think we are just seeing Sneeks differently after she spent a day questioning you and townreading me.
I think Sneeks is more convincing but less likely to focus both of us exclusively. Since she's likely to work through multiple suspects she should bring up good arguments on Stan and EC that the remainder of town could latch onto. HP will likely follow Sneeks if she lands on one of those and dies next night. If not we get the full day of discussion in final 5 to convince one person to look elsewhere.

Sneeks is definitely in your pocket big time and Stan is in much smaller pocket of mine. I think HP would vote me over you, I'm not really sure where EC would land. Feps would probably put me over you as well.

I know we're going to way overthink this which is the fun part of it. I remember at the end of Among Us Faddy didn't tell us we had won after the last day phase so after we celebrated and put in our kill order (which just doing that won us the game) we just paranoided all possibilities. Hopefully this paranoia ends in the same results.

I'm heading to bed now but if you're in a Final 3 who do you want to be in it against? For me I would want Stan and EC in there based on how things are going. You would probably want Sneeks and EC?

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
I don't think Stan would be of the type that held on to a vig shot this long, I think you called it earlier where you said that EC would have the patience.
Yeah EC has discipline. You know that last day of what a twist where town was convinced it was you or him? He didn't put down a vote at all and nailed the whole scum team. Don't be surprised if he does something similar here, and for that reason I think a vote on EC is more likely to help hit a turbo if we need one.
Well feps has been blocked every night so far so any vig kill would have gone though against his heal target. Eddy did heal VA/Leo on N1, a vig taking a shot there wouldn't be out of the question to clear up the D1 vote but no one has really said anything about it so I'm not sure.
Good point on feps being blocked, town won't know that but it does mean we don't need to worry about the protects confirming a vig.
I think feps and Sneeks are the kills regardless it's just a matter of order (maaaybe don't need to kill feps tomorrow night if we're both around since he could be blocked again but that would be a discussion for tomorrow night if we don't hit him now). A no kill is actually to our benefit as it would ensure no matter what one of us would be a final 3, hypothetically they could kill us in consecutive days to prevent us from getting to that spot regardless.
I agree. For now, Kill: feps but I'll think through if there is a block plan I am good with for a kill on Sneeks.
When I say no kill there, I mean no vote during the day is good for us since we just pick up an extra low-info kill. I think us getting blocked on a kill would be bad, didn't run the numbers to see if it would be losing yet.
I'm probably 1.5 > with Sneeks over feps. If I knew for sure town would go no vote then I would be ok with it but if there is going to be a vote then I definitely don't want the green check around.
I'll push the no-vote, I think the risk of town converging on one of us is very low and they need all 4 town agreed to hammer us.
I'm heading to bed now but if you're in a Final 3 who do you want to be in it against? For me I would want Stan and EC in there based on how things are going. You would probably want Sneeks and EC?
I would also want Stan and EC or HP and one of those 2. feps and Sneeks aren't making it to f3. If it's HP, it becomes about swaying him to vote first. Stan and EC means either one can turn on the other.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
a vig taking a shot there wouldn't be out of the question to clear up the D1 vote but no one has really said anything about it so I'm not sure.
Or did they..?
Anyway, nin is now my Inv target in a PIK but I don’t have any others yet. Except maybe Kill Hedin for all those bad jokes that will only get worse.

Or around anyone else? Let me ask you this - and everyone else, too: right now VA, nin, and me are vote leaders. If you have to shoot one right now, who do do you shoot?

Of those three, I don't shoot myself lol. I probably shoot nin and lean more on VA with votes, because I have an easier time reading VA. I have a harder time reading nin there so in a complicated situation, that's who I'd shoot

Holy shit what lol

I’m torn between “dang, I had nothing but trash reads” and a simple WHAT

Oh, no Eddy :( very few things stop a vote kill (some roles/modifiers not in this game) because it's town's only collective power. That's unfortunate but!! the silver lining is... I'm pretty sure you're town. I don't think newbie scum makes this play, even without day chat. In fact I'd die on that hill.

Nah, having another person we can file as town is always a boon, because it narrows the pool of who even can be scum. And since we just got several people soft confirmed, it makes your job easier as it's very likely scum will target in that group for NKs because they will want to get rid of people who can be trusted. It works out in the end - just paints a target on you because doctor so uh... RIP :x

Leo, I’m in a tough spot here with you. I was scumreading VA but you replaced and I’d like to give you grace here. Meet me in the middle here and help me see from your perspective? So not the claimed doc or the likely green check

Do you think Eddy is not town? This is kinda what I'm looking for from you and feps too. I see Eddy as clearly, undoubtedly town. That is the one read I am not interested in revisiting. I don't care how it happened; it happened; he's town.

Town:
- Eddy -> Yup, the play just feels too 4d for a brand new player.

Hmm 1-shot doc is interesting in the setup, that could be a clear on feps? Depends on if Stan is a doc, but if not I think feps has to be town.

Just one? You sound confident here.

I do have a little more to share but I want to wait for Stan to check in.

Leo was also leading counter wagon day 1. That's typically a decent early vig shot to move the game along, I figured the same thing with the day 2 vote.

You're doubting a vigilante here, but there are 2 doctors and presumably a scum roleblocker. Rules say a vig shot is refunded if blocked, and it's unlikely it was blocked last night if scum saw 2 docs out there. While they don't explicitly state what happens if a vig shoots a protected target, I think the shot would be wasted, which could have happened either night.

This is my break in case of emergency fake claim. I or rather Monkey was a 1-shot vigilante who shot Leo day 1 and lost the shot as a result of Randos protection.
Why would I need a claim?
If Stan or EC are the last PR and claim uncontested, they are able to prove themselves. Worse, if they are a blocker they might be able to add information which makes the other a worse vote. If this happens, I am forced to think the scum team is you + the other VT out of Stan/EC and you are forced to think the scum team is me + the other VT out of Stan/EC. If town put this together, it could look really weird that we refuse to vote out each other and instead go for the other VT.

Therefore, I propose I make this fake claim if and only if Stan or EC claim a PR and then thunderdome with them tomorrow.
If they claim vanilla, I will also claim vanilla and hope that HP/Sneeks accounting for the last letter doesn't change PoE at all.

LMK what you think. Like I said, I'll avoid this if possible but I think we need something for situation where Sneeks is VT and there are 4 VTs with 2/3 of them being scum.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Didn't really attribute the quotes but TLDR of it is:
- Monkey would have shot/investigated nin. With nin dead, she went with counter wagon VA who she had voted on and was scum reading
- Monkey didn't question Eddys claim at all - because the protection lined up with her failed shot
- I kept eddy high on my town list for a similar reason, even though I disagreed elsewhere
- I was sus of malus for expecting only one town PR when I was the one who had it
- I avoided claiming early to try to bait a block / catch scum in a lie since once my shot was spent I was basically VT

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
If HP or Sneeks account for the last PR we just take the 50/50 as 2/4 of the last "T"s
If Stan or EC account for the last PR, I think it is worth me claiming and going hard on them lying based on the setup. Otherwise we are 2/3 of the last Ts with only 1 being town. If the claim happens tomorrow my claim can shift the PoE to HP, me, and the claimee of Stan/EC. We no vote, Sneeks dies, PoE is still 1/3 instead.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
  • Multiple roles of the same type will be resolved based on the order in which the gamerunner has assigned onto the roster.
@Fireblend is this the same order listed in the OP or is it secret?
!player_list
[He/Him] MrHedin|Hedin - UTC-4
[He/Him] HPSauce|HP - UTC+1
[He/Him] EvilChameleon|EC - UTC-4
[He/Him] Funky Dude Sparks|FDS - UTC-5
[He/Him] Flatearthpandas|feps - UTC+9
[She/Her] Hawthorn - UTC-4
[He/Him] Stantastic|Stan - UTC+12
[She/Her] Dr. Monkey|monkey - UTC-4
[She/Her] Fanto - UTC-5
[He/Him] Vincent Alexander|VA - UTC-6
[He/Him] Nin - UTC+1
[He/Him] EddyZacianLand|Eddy - UTC-1
[He/Him] malus - UTC+2
!player_list
For example, would Hedins roleblock cancel any town blocker since Hedin is first on the list?

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I'm not one who likes to fake claim but it might be necessary, just be prepared as it would definitely create a thunderdome between you and the other one, should not do it unless you are on the last day.

• Multiple roles of the same type will be resolved based on the order in which the gamerunner has assigned onto the roster.
@Fireblend is this the same order listed in the OP or is it secret?

For example, would Hedins roleblock cancel any town blocker since Hedin is first on the list?

I think that list is roughly just the order everyone signed up in.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Logistics talk, we don't need to fight against a no vote so if that happens we can just go along with it.

I don't know if we should force a turbo if it comes up as there still might be a blocker out there and if they get the 50/50 right tomorrow night then we could have just screwed ourselves. Same thing with a last second swing at the EOD if we can both move off no vote to make it a majority against someone else, we're leaving ourselves open to a blocker, plus I'm going to miss the last 10-15 of the EOD on Saturday.

If there was a vig tonight and we're down to 5 players total then I don't think we need to worry about busing, just worry about trying to get one town vote down. If that happens one of us should make a post and then wait 5 minutes. If the other one comes along in that time and posts something then its on, the 1st person should make a quick response then. After that response we do our vote right then. If the response comes after 5 minutes then everything resets. If you have a better idea on how to do this I am all ears.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
I'm not one who likes to fake claim but it might be necessary, just be prepared as it would definitely create a thunderdome between you and the other one, should not do it unless you are on the last day.
Thing is vanilla is not safe, especially if Sneeks is vanilla.
4 town PRs + 3 confirmed dead VTs + 1 SK + 1 goon = 9
13 - 9 = 4 left. 2 are scum. If we all claim VT, we'll have 7 VTs when we should only have 5.
If Stan or EC are a PR, they are confirmed without a counter claim.
If Sneeks is VT, she has a green check.
That leaves me + you + one of Stan/EC, and at most one of us is town.

Do you think town will mass claim tomorrow even if it is a no vote? If so, do you want to kick things off with a VT claim and I can ghost until Stan/EC claim, going vanilla if they are vanilla and CCing if they are not?

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Who do you want to block if we kill feps? I could see the case for any of Stan/EC/Sneeks.
For me if afraid of blocker: 1. Sneeks 2. Ec 3. Stan
If afraid of vig: 1. Sneeks 2. Stan 3. EC

Vig on you is much more likely than blocker on me and blocker on you wouldn't matter, so maybe not EC then. vig!Stan would shoot me, vig!Sneeks would shoot you. Most blockers would block you, except maybe Sneeks or EC.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
If there was a vig tonight and we're down to 5 players total then I don't think we need to worry about busing, just worry about trying to get one town vote down. If that happens one of us should make a post and then wait 5 minutes. If the other one comes along in that time and posts something then its on, the 1st person should make a quick response then. After that response we do our vote right then. If the response comes after 5 minutes then everything resets. If you have a better idea on how to do this I am all ears.
If Vig hits town and it's Stan or EC killing the other, I'll counter claim and park my vote on the real vig.
If Vig hits town and it's Sneeks killing Stan or EC, I'll look at a team of you + the other and try to sway it to the other but will only vote to hammer.

Post from each within 5 minutes seems like a good system. No need to vote first, let the towny start the wagon.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Can we win in final 3 if (very low chance) HP is a full cop and red checks one of us? If not, do you have any plausible fake claim? If we both fake claimed, we could thunderdome red check against HP who conveniently has an extra check in MeLO. I'd really prefer not to have to do that, but scum!HP should be sellable in that situation.

Alternative is take the hit
4:1
Kill 1 (sneeks)
3:1
No vote or vote Stan/EC
2:1 or win

Yeah I guess we just eat it rather than take a risk there.
If however HP has a green check on Stan and EC, we might have to go with the claim plan since the game will be solved.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
They might ask for a mass claim, they've been teasing it for a few days now.

Who do you want to block if we kill feps? I could see the case for any of Stan/EC/Sneeks.
For me if afraid of blocker: 1. Sneeks 2. Ec 3. Stan
If afraid of vig: 1. Sneeks 2. Stan 3. EC

Vig on you is much more likely than blocker on me and blocker on you wouldn't matter, so maybe not EC then. vig!Stan would shoot me, vig!Sneeks would shoot you. Most blockers would block you, except maybe Sneeks or EC.

I'm leaning towards Stan as the block. I just have a feeling EC won't target us, could be wrong but that's one that I'm willing to gamble on. I don't think Sneeks has been acting like she has a PR so that would leave Stan. Unless of course HP just gambited out of his mind.

Can we win in final 3 if (very low chance) HP is a full cop and red checks one of us? If not, do you have any plausible fake claim? If we both fake claimed, we could thunderdome red check against HP who conveniently has an extra check in MeLO. I'd really prefer not to have to do that, but scum!HP should be sellable in that situation.

Alternative is take the hit
4:1
Kill 1 (sneeks)
3:1
No vote or vote Stan/EC
2:1 or win

Yeah I guess we just eat it rather than take a risk there.
If however HP has a green check on Stan and EC, we might have to go with the claim plan since the game will be solved.

If HP is a full cop then we're are caught tonight, I don't see how we're not. If we are that worried about it we block him tonight.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
I don't know if we should force a turbo if it comes up as there still might be a blocker out there and if they get the 50/50 right tomorrow night then we could have just screwed ourselves. Same thing with a last second swing at the EOD if we can both move off no vote to make it a majority against someone else, we're leaving ourselves open to a blocker, plus I'm going to miss the last 10-15 of the EOD on Saturday.
If it doesn't look like a no vote let's encourage the mass claim tomorrow so the last PR outs themselves. I think town want to mass claim already.

Opening town solve logic for me:
[bummed it wasn't malus]
Still think it's Hedin, but today is a day where we take the time to go over things carefully. Since my PoE is down to Hedin, Stan and EC I wanted to look at their vote preferences yesterday.
SuspectTop vote?2nd vote?Protecting?
Hedinmalusstan*EC
ECmalus??Hedin or Stan
StanmalusEC**Hedin

If you want to add me in I was 1. Hedin 2. malus protecting Stan or EC.
*Hedin wanted stan if malus was scum. If Hedin is scum, he knows malus is town and thus could actually be protecting Stan instead.
**Stan was on EC halfway through the day but switched to malus once that wagon picked up steam.

EC was nervous about his vote toward the end, he could have been stuck between being hammering a towny and stacking with his partner in Hedin/EC.

Then I will push Stan/EC more and you lightly. I'll let Sneeks do the heavy lifting on trying to solve you. Once it gets to vote time, I will pick either Stan/EC as my top pair or you + one of them but have you + the other as less likely and "compromise" on Stan or EC as the denominator.

I won't commit to a vote too firmly if it looks like no vote today and will just play around with likely pairs and try to solve away from you.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
I'm leaning towards Stan as the block. I just have a feeling EC won't target us, could be wrong but that's one that I'm willing to gamble on. I don't think Sneeks has been acting like she has a PR so that would leave Stan. Unless of course HP just gambited out of his mind.
Go for it, I am good with that.
If HP is a full cop then we're are caught tonight, I don't see how we're not. If we are that worried about it we block him tonight.
Yeah since we can survive the red let's leave that edge case alone. If he bluffed and got a triple green check off, town deserve the win.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Codes for communication:
  • "migraine / awful headache" - commit to bussing me, I think I am done
  • "Gonna go watch The Batman, back in a bit" - I plan on claiming vig based on the way the night went. If you approve just quote the post where I say this. If you post without quoting, I'll fall back on VT.
  • Any post after 2 votes on town are down - reply in 5 mins and we turbo. Make sure we check votes were counted by vote tool.
  • Dad joke with a quote from one of Stan/EC - this is the one we should try to get voted.

Mostly though, just sit back and see if town warm up towards Stan or EC. Definitely include me in your PoE since all I have going for me is town vibes which won't cut it at this stage, but let's not be so loud against each other than town see it as an either or. Just include me in some solves and dismiss one of the pairs so you can look elsewhere if needed.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I'm meeting my wife for lunch but I should be back by action lock in case one of us has a change in heart in the next hour.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Only need to use the above if we think we are falling out of sync in the game thread, didn't need anything like this yesterday.
Maybe one more code for us to cool down a bus / reduce heat on the other if we sense it's too effective, but plan is to not bus by making someone else more appealing.

LMK if you have a preference between Stan or EC. I can push either. Let's start in opposite directions so it doesn't look like a tag team.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
All good, those actions look good to me. I think we have a good shot at this, just gonna take it slow and see where town is heading. Best case we don't need to do much of anything besides look like we aren't hiding.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Only need to use the above if we think we are falling out of sync in the game thread, didn't need anything like this yesterday.
Maybe one more code for us to cool down a bus / reduce heat on the other if we sense it's too effective, but plan is to not bus by making someone else more appealing.

LMK if you have a preference between Stan or EC. I can push either. Let's start in opposite directions so it doesn't look like a tag team.

If we need a push I think EC would be the best bet I think, Stan is going to be harder. Plus I'm more setup to push EC than Stan, you have a bit more flexibility.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
ddfdurb-3f68479a-e3ff-4cab-9b95-6ba8ece3e140.png

I'm a 1-shot vigilante.
Or rather, Monkey was. She shot VA/Leo night 1 and since the target was protected the shot was not refunded.
This helped me town read Eddy on replacing in since the odds of him calling a doc on Leo as scum seemed really low.
I was ready to claim yesterday, but since the blocker discussion was ongoing thought it would be better to wait and see if I could draw scum blocking me since I'm functionally VT with my shot spent.
My claim if I need it. I won't be around at start of day with work so I plan to drop it early if Stan or EC claim a role before me.
If there's a town vig shot, I'll change it to:
n1 shot VA (blocked, refunded)
n2 held (docs/cops had claimed so scum would be busy, wasn't sure who to hit)
n3 killed the dead towny if it is Stan or EC

If Stan and EC have claimed vanilla I'll just go Vanilla as well.
I also won't call them out as lying until after Sneeks/HP have finished their claims.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
I will likely go with vanilla, I had nothing crumbed.
Yeah I think that is a good path for us. You can probably claim vanilla without having to wait for anyone in particular if town suggest mass claim.
In the words of Monkey, no fancy plays just do the math and don't die and we can make it to day 3 5!

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I hate this part, waiting to see what happens and knowing you can't do anything about it now.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Btw feps is maybe the last person who seemed fully tuned in on the setup / generator solving so we don't need to rely on things adding up there but I would still feel better not getting contradicted by a wiki lol.

Thoughts on how to handle a vig shooting you? Still need to counter it it is Stan or EC I guess but now need both of them out. Maybe I go full vig (VV) and suggest we could be in 1T with a godfather?

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Vig shoots me I think you're ok still, would need a vote today and then go into a final 3 tomorrow. You have Sneeks on your side, HP is probably there too, and you can push whoever didn't take the shot.

The Wizard

Confidently Incorrect
Yeah good luck have fun! Our day phases have been pretty top notch as have all nights but night 1 so I feel good here.

Top Bottom