Cult Thread The Church of Iwata

RetroMG

Bergentrukung
Staff member
maxresdefault.jpg

Welcome Reggie Fils-Aimé, you are here to do one thing and one thing only. To show the world that Nintendo is indeed the only and true console in existence that is worth having!

But since everyone is caught up fighting for either Sony or Microsoft, your plan is to infiltrate everyone from the INSIDE.
If you are successful this chat may rise to up to 4 players.

Good Luck, Reggie! May Satoru Iwata always be with you!

Game thread can be found here

Apollo

Apollo will wreck your goddamn face
You either die a hero...

guts_and_puck_by_lalykiasca-d5ttspf.jpg

Or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

reggieswitch.jpg

For Iwata.

Apollo

Holy shit. I was going to fakeclaim Don Mattrick if Corrik pressed me further.... thank god I didn’t.

Apollo

Don Mattrick, Vanilla Visionary who can detect others as boring as he is. Lol

nin1000

Chilean German Madman
Input taken.
Just to make it clear for you, with that post i made it public that there is a third entity in the mix.
Iwata would be proud.

'Sup. Guess this is gonna be my gig now. That's cool, a surprise third-party crushing the rest sounds like a swell time.

@Matt Attack My original role PM said I was Don Mattrick as well, so that actually would have given you some good credibility. It's possible that all Vanilla Microsoft-aligned are Don Mattrick.

Apollo

It was between you and SaucyKaz. Both of you were pretty active on D1 and gave me decent town vibes. That being said, Kaz and I have a history of getting along from Berserk mafia, so I figured you would be a more unexpected choice.

I considered recruiting Corrik as well, but his claimed power made him too likely to get NKd in my eyes.

Apollo

When you think about it, the alliance between Apollo and AA4 Phoenix makes a lot of sense.

Apollo

Who are you feeling as scum right now? I’m getting that sort of vibe from Godfather.

I honestly believe that exmachina is scum. And I'm gonna be playing that angle until he flips and it's revealed.

Other than that, I'm not really sure. I could buy Godfather being scum, and maybe Oliver James, for some reason. Not convinced either way right now.

So I doubt that there's a neutral faction with a killing ability, considering us. That'd mean either something scum did got them two kills in one night phase, or there's a town vigilante at play (or something akin to it). I think the latter is more likely. And unless they claim during this phase, it could be that they have more shots remaining.

Apollo

Just went through his posts and I could definitely see exmachina being scum.

I also think a vig is likely, especially because I think there’s an argument for why either Corrik or Salva might have been targeted by one. And like you said, imagining a neutral SK on top of an extra faction is somewhat hard to swallow.

I think it will be important to earn just enough town points not to get lynched, but also make ourselves not as likely to get NKd. I’m going to try to make myself appear pretty easily persuaded so that scum will be more inclined to keep me around. While I don’t think I should try starting a lynch on scum (at this point anyway), I’d still like join such a lynch pretty early on so town doesn’t think I’m scum thinking the lynch is a forgone conclusion. Should be fun.

Right now, it seems I'm one of the highest in terms of being town-read. Pretty good, since I'm not in danger of getting lynched unless something goes awry, but kinda bad, since it could also mean me being a top target to be night-killed. I'm not gonna try to intentionally seem more sus. to downgrade how I appear just yet.

Apollo

If Kaz just day vigged Bronx then gee I hope he’s scum because lol. I’m pretty sure he would have gotten lynched anyway so yeah. On the plus side I’m glad I didn’t recruit Kaz now

If Kaz did something nuts to Bronx-Man, I think there's very little chance he's scum. Depends on what just happened. I gotta catch up on the thread.

Apollo

Lmao Bronx was vanilla, Kaz is basically confirmed town. Still get a lynch today, interesting stuff

Apollo

The lynch flip could affect this, but any initial thoughts on a recruit target tonight?

At this point, it's trying to make sure we recruit a Vanilla Town player and not simply because of how they play or anything. I'll need to think about it more, but I think TearablePuns might be vanilla.

Apollo

I think Tearable is a good choice too. He’s suspected me a bit already IIRC so we won’t be too easily linked and I think he’s pretty towny as well, which is always nice. I think Tactician would be another potential vanilla, although him being on the Bronx train when he did makes me slightly wonder if he’d be scum.

Apollo

All I know is that with one vanilla recruited and 3 (maybe 4 soon) dead, it’s going to be harder and harder to recruit with each passing day.

Heh, surprise surprise. Unless town start thinking for themselves and not following the invisible hand of scum, it's gonna be like this until the end. Which means we definitely need to successfully recruit someone else.

I'm scared that I'm looking like a good candidate to be night killed. I'll post more about possible recruit targets in a bit, but what we said about TearablePuns before was a good one.

Wait, that was a big error, lmao. He wasn't Vanilla Town at all! Oh wow, so they did hit scum. That's interesting; that'll change things.

@nin1000, one thing I want to know: if a town-aligned player was previously a power role but they used up their shots/ability, are they then considered Vanilla? Say we wanted to recruit SaucyKaz and he only had one shot at doing what he did (with the assumption that he's town), would it fail no matter what (since we all know he was a power role), or could it work if he essentially has no more power?

So a few things I'm thinking about, looking back on the thread:

1. I guess TheGamingNewsGuy's mess of a post here was an indication that he was being directed to do something, and some sort of miscommunication happened? He said that he originally voted for you, @Matt Attack, and then in the same post decided to unvote you and then vote for Comrade Sparkster. The thing is, I thought I had seen his original post, and I had never seen him vote for you. Either way, I dunno what the master plan behind it was. You're not mafia, and Comrade Sparkster wasn't mafia either.

2. Those who ended up being on the train to lynch TheGamingNewsGuy:
NZJubJub #613
SaucyKaz #617
TearablePuns #634
CoolestSpot #693
flatearthpandas #720
exmachina64 #721
exmachina's vote came out of nowhere. I'm not attributing town points to him for what he did, but there's an extra layer involved if I'm going to argue that he's mafia and that he ended up being one of the deciding factors to lynch a fellow team member. Something like they thought he was going to get lynched sooner than later, so this was essentially a bus? I definitely do not trust that he's town.

Well, really, what do I care now. Imma argue for it anyways. I think because of what happened here and the one who's been my main target, there's a decent chance that I'll still be alive. I could see some people argue against me because of how I was relatively against voting for TGNG, and how I've been gunning for a guy who helped in lynching mafia. I think ultimately, this would prove to be an insignificant point of contention since I wouldn't know anyone's alignment and being so blatant about my stance would lean more towards someone who has little information rather than someone who has more. Those who would hammer the point to see me lynch would be a bit suspect, I think.

Anyways, I think TearablePuns is the right choice to try to recruit right now. Him or Phantom Thief. TearablePuns seems the most genuine and also seems to have little information to go on, based on how he's posting. I'd be very surprised if he was mafia, more than anyone else in the game right now (other than Phantom Thief and SaucyKaz).

Funny thing is, if he's recruited, all 3 of us would have been the ones to vote on exmachina during Day 2.

Also, I have to wonder again about who killed SalvaPot during N1. We've learned that SaucyKaz is a Day Vig (probably town-aligned). We don't have any killing power. So would town really have two killing roles? Would scum? Surely there can't be another faction aside from Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft, with some other neutral player in the mix.

SalvaPot was a weak target to aim for if scum could kill a second person intentionally. But I also feel like there are other high profile people a townie could have gone for if they wanted to try to shoot scum. Weird.

My main theory in the game thread will still be that Nintendo shot SalvaPot, but I'm unsure what actually happened.

Apollo

Nin, will the game end when all mafia have been killed, even if there are cultists remaining?

Apollo

Nothing makes me happier than seeing Kaz single handledly kill vanilla after vanilla. Wonderful.

Apollo

I hope Oliver didn’t see me target FEP somehow. That would be unfortunate.

Apollo

Hi Zip! Please use your magical winning powers and carry us to victory!

And if me not posting in here was the reason why Apollo quit I’m sorry. The goal is lynch Godfather.

My guess on vanillas left are Oliver James and then nzjubjub.

Oh I just noticed Retro's post. sorry for pinging you nin :D

Thanks for your thoughts Zipped! Feel free to mention other stuff I may be missing.

I'm on page 7 atm

Hey Zipped, you said:

"Apollo is likely who killed Zubz (unless Saucykaz had another NK) - Town"

Was there any reasoning behind this? I'm just checking Apollo didn't softclaim anything and I missed it >_>

I didn’t think saucykaz had anymore shots. It was a wild guess. I had him town pegged based on others like coolestspot being more scummy to me.

I have no clue how he survived. I’m going to assume that playstation team had no real clue who was Iwata/Reggie. If godfather has another partner (possible if unlikely) then I’m likely dying tomorrow.

Ok, I finished reading the game. Those last 2 pages...

CBiAC4V.gif

I guess all we do at this point is push for Godfather and then wish for the best. A red check is a red check. I've never had to convince town to lynch a verified scum player before lol.

Anyway, there's 7 players. If we manage to lynch GF and he's the last scum, that will hopefully lead to no one dying overnight as long as Kaz is out of shots (or maybe he'd do us a favor and shoot Ex? :P), and then it'd be a matter of recruiting the right player. I agree Oliver sounds likely to be vanilla. Even if the recruit action fails, we wouldn't be on town's sight immediately. What the hell did I sign up for.

It sucks that Apollo didn't get any fake claim names.

No fake scum names? Bummer, but expected.

This game is the first I have played where claiming of any sort is explicitly a bad idea.

I really can’t believe that Godfather is going all day with a flat red check from the cop.

He kinda has a point, but it should still be easy to argue against. He wants to win, after all.

And it's kinda ironic that after so much ranting and complaining about a kingmaker situation, in his current situation he's the closest to being a kingmaker so far :P

Random thought:

If there are any vanillas left, I hope one of them reveal it today in a not-so-subtle attempt to be recruited and have a better chance to win with us :P

Crrrazy thought:

At the very end of the day *I* should claim to be vanilla, and then if we don't win by tomorrow, claim I'm some PR and I was baiting the cultists into recruiting me so they couldn't win, and that's how we're alive.

Except I don't have a fake claim name or a PR to claim :D @nin1000 just to double check, Apollo didn't get any fake claim names, right?

Totally disagree on the perfect info btw. We only know if they can or can’t be recruited. If we still had a full scum team we wouldn’t know if we were gunning for scum or town PRs.

Unfortunately I can’t POST that as it would give it away.

He is baiting you to see if you are cult...

Vanilla town are all the same name. That claim is easy. Faking the role name is hard.. outside of saucykaz being Steve Ballmer i’ve Got nothing.

Personally I think Oliver James’s “if I’m scum get me out of this game” without referencing any powers is as close to a vanilla claim as we would get.

If you are going to vote on Godfather don’t be the hammer. Just after discussing this drop the vote.

Let one of the townies get it done...

I don't want to place a vote on GF until more people check in. Might just stop posting for a while to give people some time and then place a vote in a few hours regardless of what happens.

I wonder why JubJub hasn't voted for GF if he stated he thinks there's 2 scum left. I think he's likely to hammer if he doesn't vote before I do.

If all goes well and we fail the recruit action for Oliver we could try to get JJ lynched for that line of thought tomorrow.

thoughts, Zipped? I'm ok with either JubJub or Oliver. Either way it's all a gamble. I'm kinda leaning towards JJ in case Oliver is also scum, mostly because his early vote on GF might have been him bussing his red checked partner. Let me know your thoughts, I think I'll give both players a quick read before the end of the night phase.

If we get a night kill then We have to assume that if we don’t recruit our target they are scum.

Oliver James (my best bet for recruitment)
Nzjubjub
Exmachina is lying about neutrality.

If exmachina is lying then he is scum. It’s the only way he gets away with that play.

Assuming we do not have a NK, tomorrow is Lylo if we recruit (3,3). Mylo if we do not (2,4)

If scum exists still then we can just flat win if they kill town and we recruit. It’s lylo if they kill one of us or recruitment fails.

I'm pretty sure we win if we recruit and there's no night kill. Unless something can "prevent us from winning" per our PMs, we should win, and once it's 3 vs 3 nothing prevents us from winning as far as I can see.

JubJub is so flip-floppish on Godfather lol. I do think there's a chance he's the last scum.

Day 1 is just full of Corrik stuff.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3383842/ - This is a good callout against TGNG.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3385733/ - Makes a theory for GF being scum. Bold for a scum teammate. He actually got who killed Salva right, tho.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3564526/ - Small disagreement with GF
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3596184/ - Some fluff interaction with Zubz. Not very interesting.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3731504/ - Calls GF "probably town" lol I didn't see anything that would indicate a change of posture from the previous post but maybe I missed something?
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3748821/ - Calls out GF for saying he doesn't want a premature lynch but voting anyway.
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3886221/ - Getting into an argument about possible team distributions with GF.

Let's look at Oliver James:

uh. I don't have much, he has like 6 more posts than JJ but it's a lot of fluff and just him going his own way. He was very willing to vote GF as soon as TP gave his red check, though:

https://www.resetera.com/posts/3864800/ - Votes for GodFather
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3865370/ - "A red check is a red check"
https://www.resetera.com/posts/3922313/ - That weird summary post where he still considers GF's fake claim worth considering.

I'm ok with attempting to recruit Oliver. I'll say though, there's a high chance there are actually no vanilla townies left in the game, and another one that either you or me get NK'd tonight.

Anyway, let me know if you agree and I'll issue the command for Oliver.

You want to do the honors? Let’s give this a whirl and see if we can win, dragging whoever we recruit into our brethren.

Time to MAKE THE SWITCH!!

One of us... one of us...

Remember that if Exmachina's claim is true, he wants the game to end quickly. If we need him for a tiebreaker he's likely to help. We could also lie and say we have a free NK in the event of a tie to break it, in case we need to force his hand a bit more. Also he claimed Dreamcast fanboy and Nintendo has those Mario + Sonic at the Olympics games :D

Top Bottom