Spectator Thread The Country

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Other than me being absolutely right that LP was Town?

SCUM ZONE
Salva
Launchpad
Nin
Stan
Kopite

I guess?

Fanto

Confirmed Town
If I had to narrow things down, I'd probably take Stan off the list for now. I think the rest are worthy of pushing though to see the reactions and how votes shake out around them.

I'd be pushing for Salva probably.

turmoil7

Imperial Corps Commander Who Cheers the Army
salva is scum for sure, one of jman and launchpad, Geno is scum for sure too

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Salva
nin
Hawthorn
Chugg

With side eye to Geno and Maol. I still don't like Uzzy but I would probably come off that by now.

Stan as a neutral

I think Salva is a bit too obvious but thats where I would probably look first if I was still in the game, the rest I don't feel like I have great reads on. Chugg would fit a bad town night if Blarg did check him and got a false positive, plus giving himself a will seems odd. I would see Geno's claim possibly fitting if Blarg only had like two shots but seems a little weird to me.

Lone_Prodigy

Am I at 10 posts yet?
Hopefully with me out of the way, town can get back on the right track, because that last day was really something.

And I'm thinking jman has to be scum. He was almost gone D2 and yet D3 he was barely considered. If scum has a strong shot (as presumed from Hedin's death) then why didn't they use it on the claimed doctor N1?

turmoil7

yeah, does town not have a vigilante? Even if he is town(and he isn't) he has to be lunched at some point so why not do it

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
I don't know if they used a strong shot on me but they did not need a strong shot to kill me. They targeted me directly and I had given away my vest for that night so I was unprotected.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Oh nice, we get Chugg in here lol.

Chugg, what do you think of this game so far?

Also, I demand that you apologize to LP!

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Interesting. I might have been tempted to go with one of the possible cops but I guess they could still be worried about a second protection role.

Lone_Prodigy

Am I at 10 posts yet?
Flipping a cop confirms their targets so I would go for them last, even with the chance of more shots. Blarg might be out of shots and Geno's is random so I guess it's worth the risk.

I would've gone for Stu as he might've been a PR instead of Chuggs who had already claimed.

Lone_Prodigy

Am I at 10 posts yet?
Scum Geno doesn't claim and try to start a Sparks train D3 unless he's running interference for jman, and even then it's not worth the trade, as town is liable to just forget about jman.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Also if Jman turns out to be scum I’m just going to go after him every time I see him do dumb shit from here on lol

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Geno is on some serious bullshit.
Well, I think he's Town.
Also, sad that scum finally busted up our secret chat again. First time I was in a secret chat :(
Go on...
Also if Jman turns out to be scum I’m just going to go after him every time I see him do dumb shit from here on lol
Jman could still easily be Scum, yes.
Oh yeah, I forgot Terra has to do this vote thing
What vote thing?

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Stu has secret chat. It dies if he dies. Snifit invited Terra on night 1, me on night 2. Then Blarg confirmed me and Stu as town on day 3 which is why we believe him because that lines up a little too nicely. Launch was night 3. He’s supposedly a vig that gets his power when Terra dies. He can also only shoot people that Terra has voted for which is why he’s voting for a bunch of people. It’s one of the reasons I think Launch is town. If he’s scum it’s the most hilariously elaborate fake claim though.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
So, in the world where Blarg and Geno are both Town, you can split the game into this:

TOWN
Blarg
Geno
Terra
Stu
Uzzy
Maol
Launch

EVERYONE ELSE
Jman
Salva
Sparks
Nin
Hawthorn
Kopite
Stan

Of course, any of the green checks so far could possibly be a Godfather or some other kind of trickery could be going on behind the scenes, but honestly, that bottom half looks Scummy As Fuck and I would not want to vote for anyone outside of that group unless we failed to hit Scum more than once.

I'd still be voting for Salva here.

Lone_Prodigy

Am I at 10 posts yet?
Secret chat is pretty cool.

Obviously taken with a mountain of salt, but if we were to ignore everything and take absolutely everything at face value we're only left with:

Salva, Sparky, nin, Hawthorn, Kopite, and Stan.

And the scum team is probably 5-6 players, so either we've done a good thing of narrowing people down or clearly someone is lying.

Jman though

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Yeah I still don't buy it from Geno. Flipping Blarg makes Geno look just as bad, if not worse than killing neither of them and instead they decided to let Geno collect some more green checks and kill me, the claimed, out of shot, giver of god damn wills. He also hasn't made an attempt at scum hunting since day 1?

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
It would be nice for town because that severely shrinks the pool they need to look in, but I just don't buy it. Towns on day 4 with no scum kill. It's not going to be that easy.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Like I dunno, maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't buy this being town Geno. Went after Jman day 2 and only Jman despite everyone being worried about that happening, dropped all that and went after Sparks with no case on day 3, threw a lot of shade at people voting for LP and knew he was going to flip town despite him being his third highest scum read, and today has said "I'm not scum and Mao is town" and legit nothing else.

I will die on the scum Geno hill in till I see a town flip.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Oh and before I forget. Sorry Turmoil :( Really wanted you to live past day 1. In hindsight it's probably better we lost you instead of the secret chat king, but damn it I wanted you to not die.

turmoil7

Don't worry, after seeing the no lunch I was like, you know what? dying on d1 is not so bad after all

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Kind of hoping that Blarg isn't a Cop, but was just jealous that Jman fake claimed Doctor and got away with it, so he decided to fake claim Cop.

I also think this scenario reaches peak hilarity if they are both Scum lol.

malus

#1 official chartmaker
Scum killing Chuggs instead of Geno, who is confirming town left and right is a pretty clear indication that Geno is Scum in my opinion.

Also you better have granted a will to Blarg or I'll be really disappointed.

If people feel like suffering with me
Geno is scum, Blarg is town, town blarg is doing a gambit and pretending to have a red check on nin

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Oh man, if he isn't right about that then it feels like game over. He is taking his advice that he told Jman, if you're going to gambit you got to lean into it and not fold.

turmoil7

If people feel like suffering with me
Geno is scum, Blarg is town, town blarg is doing a gambit and pretending to have a red check on nin
tumblr_nsj4bbw3d11t06ubmo1_540.gif

Oh man, if he isn't right about that then it feels like game over. He is taking his advice that he told Jman, if you're going to gambit you got to lean into it and not fold.
Yeah we'll be going open spoilers if scum isn't killed today, would take a miracle for town to come back from that

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
In order of confidence:

Geno
Salva
Stan
Hawthorn
Kopite

Not feeling great about those last two.

turmoil7

I am spoiled of one, so in spoilers tags

Kopite
Hawthorn
Salva
Jman

And Geno who I already know is scum

Faddy

of, having, or involving transitory whims
Who would have thought the plan of turmoil > no lynch > LP was the fast track to losing.

Then Blarg just taking wild swings at nin of all people. Don't fake a red check against someone who can't/won't defend themselves. I would love to hear why Blarg thought nin was scum. And why Geno who he saved from death wasn't.
less doom and gloom, more scum prediction >:D

Well I already know everything...

Who would have thought the plan of turmoil > no lynch > LP was the fast track to losing.

Then Blarg just taking wild swings at nin of all people. Don't fake a red check against someone who can't/won't defend themselves. I would love to hear why Blarg thought nin was scum. And why Geno who he saved from death wasn't.

Well I already know everything...
forgot you still had access to the design sheet haha

malus

#1 official chartmaker
They're going to lunch Blarg next aren't they?
And nobody will ask how Geno is still alive.

turmoil7

I never care about reads of dead players, most of the time reads aren't the reason someone gets killed

And there is selection bias, too. Dead players who were wrong don't come back saying "told you so"

malus

#1 official chartmaker
final Scum team prediction:

Geno, Jman, Salva, Launchpad, Kopite

Not very confident about the last one though, could also be Maol.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
I knew I was right about Meano Geno. Too many scum games with him. I know how scum Geno ticks lol. I’m probably fucked for the rest of the game though. Here’s my shot in the dark

Kopite
Stan
Jman
Salva

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
This is about to go real bad for town though. Our town core could not stand up to the Tom Foolery that was this game :(

Faddy

Scum Geno doesn't claim and try to start a Sparks train D3 unless he's running interference for jman, and even then it's not worth the trade, as town is liable to just forget about jman.

this post tickled me.

I guess it is the most open spoiler is that Geno is indeed scum.

HOWEVER he knows nothing about his team. He probably thinks Jman is scum with the fake doctor claim but he would be wrong.

Outside of getting Geno I don't think town are close and even the predictions here are not close to the scum team.

Remaining town PRs:
Terraforce: Innocent Protagonist
TheRedSnifit/Stuart444: Chat Recruiter
Blargonaut: 2-shot Discreet Lie Detector (2-shot lie detector but couldn't claim lie detector in the game thread, but wills/gossip chat were fair play)

Scum:
Hawthorn: Transistor Wielding JOAT (had a variety of 1-shot abilities (all unused) or could inform Geno of a town player but only if the previous target was dead)
Launchpad: Temporary Godmother and limited Night Vigilante (before Terraforce was killed any post investigated by Blarg would come up as the truth, after Terra was killed could night vig any player Terra had voted)
Maolfunction: odd-night roleblocking lover
Stantastic: even-night role cop lover (investigated Blarg night 2)
Geno: Lone Wolf

Everyone else is vanilla town

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
I was coming around on Salva in secret chat, but I would have killed him before Launch or Mao. It’s just a matter of time. I don’t think they’re pulling this off

turmoil7

Well, I was sure one of Lauchpad or Jman were scum but not both. And no one on their right mind would go for Launchpad instead of Jman

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Well I was 3/5 on my last picks. I was going to protect Launch on N1 before jman did his thing.

I don't see how town pulls it out but we'll see.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
I would like to say that scum played well but this feels like if there was only one team on the field

Town has been lazy this game for sure. I’m still flabbergasted at the town who decided following Geno onto Sparks with no actual read between all of them was at all a good plan. That being said, scum legit had me fooled for a lot of this game.

Like Launch went into the secret chat and claimed his role after seeing who was in there before saying he maybe shouldn’t have done that implying that he realized scum might see later if they get invited. It felt like a very natural slight town oops to make and that’s some damn good play if that was the intention

Lone_Prodigy

Am I at 10 posts yet?
Haha I was reading the thread yesterday and thought "town seems to be in a good spot, they've got a good circle so just go down the list and it's gravy" and then I see the nin red check and turbo... yikes.

At least I was right about Stan.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Scum:
Hawthorn: Transistor Wielding JOAT (had a variety of 1-shot abilities (all unused) or could inform Geno of a town player but only if the previous target was dead)
Launchpad: Temporary Godmother and limited Night Vigilante (before Terraforce was killed any post investigated by Blarg would come up as the truth, after Terra was killed could night vig any player Terra had voted)
Maolfunction: odd-night roleblocking lover
Stantastic: even-night role cop lover (investigated Blarg night 2)
Geno: Lone Wolf
Yikes.

At best they catch Geno before it's game over.

Hedin

Oops, All Scum!
Staff member
Will they even catch Geno? After today you have to think it will be easy for them to get a couple of the real town on Blarg because if his red check play failing. Then they just have to jump on a vote at the end of the next day and they are all good.

Chuggernaut

HONK HONK MF
Yeah, I don't even know. They could push Blarg tomorrow and then default back to Jman and it's probably game over. Maybe they get Geno on the last day, but I don't think they're getting anyone else.

Fanto

Confirmed Town
Wait, what is the player count right now?

So 1 more dead tonight, that's going to be 12 players.

7 Town / 5 Mafia

This is already MyLo then, right? A NL would bring it to 6/5 on D6 instead, but a mislunch would put them at 5/5 at day start, which is a Mafia victory, correct?

Fanto

Confirmed Town
And even better, if they off Terraforce now, then Launch will have his Vig shot, which means it's actually LyLo regardless because of the extra shot they'll get? Is that how that role works?

Faddy

Oh man, if they are smart, which I imagine they will be, its over.

It is hard to 100% co-ordinate a hammer since Geno is in the dark.

Geno only knows that Uzzy, Blarg and Stu are town. I am assuming Terra is dead in the night.

Top Bottom